Guest lurkerspeaks

Glee renewed for TWO more seasons

Guest lurkerspeaks

Glee is renewed. Not just for a fifth season, but also for a sixth.

That’s right, Fox is bringing back the musical dramedy for two more seasons.

So much for all that hand-wringing about whether the show would continue. Fox will haveGlee on through 2015 — at least.

Glee debuted as the first and only successful musical comedy series on television, and more than four years later, it continues to defy genres, break new ground and have a significant impact on popular culture,” said Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly. “Week in and week out, Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan, Dante DiLoreto and the entire Gleeteam deliver a series that not only delights and surprises fans, but also inspires them to talk about, share, debate and engage with the show – and I’m absolutely thrilled to have them on board for another two seasons.” Co-creator Ryan Murphy thanked the network and studio along with “our loyal audience, whose passion and enthusiasm continue to amaze and inspire us.”

GET EW ON YOUR TABLET: Subscribe today and get instant access!

So does this mean Glee will be six and done? Not necessarily. Though the sixth season could very well end up being the last round, Fox isn’t calling it that and will likely wait at least a year before making that decision.

Fox isn’t announcing how many episodes each season will be, but a source at the network says the show is getting full seasons (which generally means at least 18 episodes, if not the standard 22).

This season, Glee is averaging 8.7 million viewers and a 3.6 rating among adults 18-49 on Thursday nights when including seven days of DVR data. Next week’s episode features guest star Sarah Jessica Parker.

• Members

Well I hope they can keep it FRESH for that long ???? Or we'll see those HS kids in a nursing home....

I still enjoy the show somewhat, eventhough alot of people have been bashing it. Its escapism, and I still enjoy the music. I wanna see Rachel do Funny Girl....