Guest EXPAT

Margaret Thatcher dies of stroke @ 87

Guest EXPAT

R.I.P. Margaret Thatcher. Her politics might have been a bit to the right or far far to the right, but her leadership was unmistakable. I also thought Meryl Streep's portrayal of the Iron Lady was remarkable and a fitting tribute to this powerful woman. My condolences go to her family.

• Members

Maggie was amazing. No doubt she had faults but, like Sir Winnie, was larger than life and someone who was much needed during her time. Even though, from time to time, she had problem getting along with some of her own country folks, she got along with "others" who also were world leaders such as RR and MG.

We can never go back but I will miss her sense of the world.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

As you know Margaret Thatcher died today but on Twitter Cher fans started panicking in the thousands this morning because of the following twitter hash tag that got a little confusing:
#nowthatchersdead

I guess you should now make sure you capitalize twitter hashtag remarks too: #NowThatchersDead

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/04/08/margaret-thatcher-hashtag-confuses-cher-fans/