Guest EXPAT

Introducing Scope: Bacon

Guest hitoallusa

AS, the picture is not so clear..what he is exactly drinking? A smoothie.. I can make good smoothies too..^_^

My breakfast, if I had my druthers...

protein-shake.jpg

:D

• Members

I think you will have more than one dump a day if you eat that much bacon at once very often (like once). ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

No reference to Francis Bacon who reputedly died from the effects of studying freezing for the preservation of meat?

Best regards,

RA1

I did not know that!

It was, by reports, a bird that he experimented with freezing. So by extension let us suffer no mention here of turkey bacon nor other properly porcine foodstuffs lately 'improved' through substitution of fowl.

Jimmy-Dean-Fully-Cooked-Sausage-Patties-:ermm:

• Members

I did not know that!

It was, by reports, a bird that he experimented with freezing. So by extension let us suffer no mention here of turkey bacon nor other properly porcine foodstuffs lately 'improved' through substitution of fowl.

Jimmy-Dean-Fully-Cooked-Sausage-Patties-:ermm:

You need no further proof that, unlike Elvis, Jimmy is dead and buried. He'd never put feathers in his sausage. :(

Kraft or whoever owns the label today has the nerve to put 'Original' on their package of precooked links but if you read the small print, it says made of pork and turkey. That ain't original at all. Like trying to sneak 50% lettuce past a committed life-long smoker or ten ounces of piss in a bottle of Jack Daniels. :sick:

Guest EXPAT

The San Diego County fair had anything bacon you wanted. Chocolate covered bacon, bacon cotton candy, bacon root beer, deep fried bacon pickle, deep fried bacon cheese bombs, bacon maple donuts. We didn't try any of them. Not appetizing at all.

No bacon ice cream? :huh:

Bacon_ice.jpg

The above is reportedly a Photoshop job, but I did find this recipe, which actually sounds all right:

Bacon Ice Cream
Bacon_ice_cream.jpg

Makes about ¾ qt (¾l)

5 strips bacon   2 teaspoons light brown sugar   3 tablespoons (45g) salted butter   ¾ cup (packed) brown sugar (140g)   2¾ (675ml) cup half-and-half   5 large egg yolks   2 teaspoons dark rum   ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. To candy the bacon, preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
  2. Lay the strips of bacon on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or aluminum foil, shiny side down.
  3. Sprinkle 1½-2 teaspoons of brown sugar evenly over each strip of bacon, depending on length.
  4. Bake for 12-16 minutes. Midway during baking, flip the bacon strips over and drag them through the dark, syrupy liquid that’s collected on the baking sheet. Continue to bake until as dark as mahogany. Remove from oven and cool the strips on a wire rack.
  5. Once crisp and cool, chop into little pieces. (Bacon Bits can be stored in an airtight container and chilled for a day or so, or stored in the freezer a few weeks ahead.)
  6. To make the ice cream custard, melt the butter in a heavy, medium-size saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and half of the half-and-half. Pour the remaining half-and-half into a bowl set in an ice bath and set a mesh strainer over the top.
  7. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg yolks, then gradually add some of the warm brown sugar mixture to them, whisking the yolks constantly as you pour. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
  8. Cook over low to moderate heat, constantly stirring and scraping the bottom with a heatproof spatula, until the custard thickens enough to coat the spatula.
  9. Strain the custard into the half-and-half, stirring over the ice bath, until cool. Add rum and vanilla.
  10. Refrigerate the mixture. Once thoroughly chilled, freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add the bacon bits during the last moment of churning or stir them in when you remove the ice cream from the machine.

http://bacon.wikia.com/wiki/Bacon_Ice_Cream