Guest FourAces

A New Day A Huge Risk

Guest FourAces

I have mentioned my financial situation sucks and basically still does. I realized a few days ago that I have started going backward financially that working for a large company was not even meeting my chopped down monthly expenses.

So I left yesterday to go in business for myself. Its a business I can do from home and one I know fairly well. But it takes time like most new businesses to see any revenue at all.

I wonder if I made the right choice ... however at my age I did not feel I had much more time to spend where I was working and falling behind ... that I needed to do something now or just move straight into my car :(

Facing a phase in the future
Hope I've got something to lose
Too good to be true
Too good to be true

• Members

You're a lot braver than me. I don't know what kind of business you started but have you ever thought about teaching or blogging about card games? I'm going to Vegas for the first time ever and I'd pay to have someone teach me blackjack and poker strategies.

• Members

I have never worked for someone else so I certainly understand the risk/reward possibilities. Inevitably there will be both good and bad times, so during any good times sock away a few bucks for those "other" times. I have a wealthy friend who says any person or business will fail to some extent, usually at one end or the other; meaning after "start-up" or very much later, probably near "quitting" time. I respect his opinion and seemingly have observed empirical evidence that what he says is true. However, as he says and so do I, that does not mean give up during any such "failure". It should be regarded as a lesson about how to proceed, so to speak.

My advice for playing blackjack in Las Vegas is to view it as entertainment and do not risk more than you can afford to lose.

Best regards,

RA1