Guest EXPAT

Zippers cause 1700 trips to ER a year

• Members

This reminds me of an interesting article I read concerning what the ER has removed from the "bums" of various folks to include a Coke bottle and various other seemingly incongruous articles. I know "boys will be boys" but come on. ^_^

I never knew it was common for little boys to lay their penii on the rim of a toilet or that it was common for guys to catch themselves in their zippers. I realize the increased probability for uncircumsized aka "naturals" to do this but never thought it was "common". ^_^

I suppose if it can be imagined or circumstances can provide an opportunity, it can happen. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest NCBored

This reminds me of an interesting article I read concerning what the ER has removed from the "bums" of various folks to include a Coke bottle and various other seemingly incongruous articles. I know "boys will be boys" but come on. :smile:

I never knew it was common for little boys to lay their penii on the rim of a toilet or that it was common for guys to catch themselves in their zippers. I realize the increased probability for uncircumsized aka "naturals" to do this but never thought it was "common". :smile:

I suppose if it can be imagined or circumstances can provide an opportunity, it can happen. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

I think 'common' may be a bit of an overstatement, if you consider that millions of men zip & unzip mutliple times per day.

1700 ER visits/yr averages out to about 5 incidents/day - presumably across the entire US.

I'd guess that wearing underwear lessens the chance of such accidents. ^_^

• Members

I assume you mean the incidence is VERY little. I am not sure what wearing underwear has to do with it. Perhaps I misunderstood the whole point. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest NCBored

I assume you mean the incidence is VERY little. I am not sure what wearing underwear has to do with it. Perhaps I misunderstood the whole point. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

Yes, I meant that the incidence was really pretty low, IMO.

And it seems to me that having a layer of cloth (underwear) between the zipper & genitals would lessen the chance of getting skin caught in a zipper. It would be interesting to know what % of victims were going 'commando'.

• Members

In viewing and replying to this thread I resisted any reference to your name, although I was sorely tempted. ^_^

Nothing personal, just a reference to your posting name. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1