AdamSmith

Ian McKellen to officiate Patrick Stewart's wedding

Cool.

Ian McKellen to officiate Patrick Stewart's wedding

130319112949-ian-mckellen-patrick-stewar

When Sir Patrick Stewart ties the knot with jazz singer Sunny Ozell, his friend and co-star Sir Ian McKellen is going to do the honors.

McKellen revealed as much on the U.K.'s "Jonathan Ross Show" this weekend, after Ross brought up the fact that McKellen is returning as Magneto in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," which will also see Stewart reprise his role of Professor X.

"I'm going to marry Patrick," McKellen said, before clarifying, "I am going to officiate at his wedding."

He doesn't know how he's legally able to do that, he joked, but he made it sound fairly simple: "I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married - I declare you man and wife."

McKellen, it turns out, isn't new to officiating.

"I've done it once before, with two guys having a civil partnership [in the U.K.]," McKellen said. "I was crying my eyes out."

While McKellen didn't reveal what he's going to wear for Stewart's wedding - although we have a suggestion - he does know he's going to be careful not to steal the show.

"Last time, I went with a sort of gown, white, something I bought in India - it was rather fetching," the actor told Ross. "You musn't upstage the bride."

Check out Ross' full interview with McKellen below - he starts chatting about the wedding around 10:45:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/19/ian-mckellen-to-officiate-patrick-stewarts-wedding/?iref=obnetwork