BiBottomBoy

Site Issues?

• Members

It just happend, 10:23 am EST. Was reading this thread and all was well. Backspaced twice to go back to topics and got the page "Internet Explorer Can Not Display This Page." Had to exit completely and start by loading home page again.

There is no work going on that should cause any issues. My apologies if things are slow. I did open a ticket at our Hosting company and they can't see any issues. However, to better diagnose the issue, if you have this again, please post in this thread your time you were having the issue and what part of the site. This will help the company find any issues. Thanks for your help with this and again my apologies for any inconvenience.

Over the past 5 days it has been happening for me at all times of day and night. What part of site = any interaction at all with the Forum (I don't visit other parts of the site frequently enough to know if they are being affected the same way).

P.S. Just now, 10:31 am ET, just had the same slow (45-second, in this instance) lag when clicking <Edit> to enter this P.S. to this post.

• Members

I love croissant and baguette... Yum... Love French food too... Never been with a French guy.. Are they passionate in bed??

Well YES Hito.... the French are Great with their mouths. thats why they call it "French kissing"... :yes:

Guest hitoallusa

Lol... That's too funny, Suckrates

Now I don't have any problem... Using an iPhone... Safari..

Well YES Hito.... the French are Great with their mouths. thats why they call it "French kissing"... :yes:

• Members

It seems to be a 'hang' issue for me as well. Once a page continues loading, it's zippy enough.

Using the limited diagnostic tools in my Safari browser, it looks like there are close to a hundred elements that have to load before I get to the completed page I'm on now, and my guess is that one of those elements is not responding reliably fast. Can't tell which one, but your programmers should have a better diagnostic tool that identifies the miscreant link.

One hint is that, for me anyway, the culprit is early in the loading sequence. The Safari progress bar gets about ten percent into the loading process, and then hangs. Not always, but often enough to be annoying.

As it's happened since the last software upgrade, I'd recommend they focus on something new that's been added early in the page load process for "View New Content".

And please thank them for bringing user names back to the "View New Content" page. Ip Ip Array! :thumbsup:

Update: Just discovered the hang seems to arise right before the Flirt4Free banner loads. Maybe something to do with that site's recent difficulties?

Update to the Update: Just found there seems to be a hang at this element: maintitle.png Also early in the loading process.

Guest EXPAT

I think lookin' might be right that the hangup and slowness has to do with the F4F banner loading slowly. I wonder if their virus issues are creating issues now that it is linked as they are checking to make sure no trojans are coming on to their site.