Guest EXPAT

Anyone watching "The Bible" on the History Channel?

Guest EXPAT

I wasn't originally going to watch this mini-series since it got such horrible reviews. But the ratings have been through the roof each week so far making it the most watched show of the week in most markets which is amazing for the cable channel called History.

Last night in the 5th and 6th hours of the mini-series, Jesus was born and grew up. At one point he goes into the desert for 40 days and for 40 nights and is tempted by Satan. And when Satan showed up the twitterspere when nuts thinking that Satan looked just like Obama starting with the idiot formerly of FoxNews Glenn Beck. . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/the-bible-satan-obama_n_2900509.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

o-SATAN-OBAMA-570.jpg

• Members

I was waiting for the Reader's Digest version, but, I guess this is it, so to speak. ^_^

I missed the first few episodes so I am hoping nothing will change between now and a repeat. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

That doesn't look like my Obama... Obama is so handsome and cute... The character looks old and mad...

I wasn't originally going to watch this mini-series since it got such horrible reviews. But the ratings have been through the roof each week so far making it the most watched show of the week in most markets which is amazing for the cable channel called History.

Last night in the 5th and 6th hours of the mini-series, Jesus was born and grew up. At one point he goes into the desert for 40 days and for 40 nights and is tempted by Satan. And when Satan showed up the twitterspere when nuts thinking that Satan looked just like Obama starting with the idiot formerly of FoxNews Glenn Beck. . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/the-bible-satan-obama_n_2900509.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

o-SATAN-OBAMA-570.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

The story of Virgin Mary might have been added later by scribes. If Mary had to be a virgin then why did Joseph had to be a descendant of David in the first place? Joseph could have been a pagan but with Jewish faith and he could have mattered less. God allows sex among his creatures and I don't think it's something dirty and look down upon... It takes a lot of will power to resist sex and maybe that's why people admired those who can live sex free.

Anyways, I think interpretation of Mary had evolved among early Christians to the point of worshipping her since God can't be born to a mere ordinary human being. So early Christian fathers had to somewhat artificially raise her status being above ordinary human beings... One's bloodline doesn't matter that much in my humble opinion to do great things... But early Christians could t get rid of that bias that one's bloodline is important.

• Members

Happened across it the other evening, boring. I am a Catholic so I thought it might be of interest, but it was not. Poor acting, cheap sets and WAY too much makeup - did Tammy Faye have a double in that era that did make up? When a temple is collapsing and people are being crushed, the blocks should not be bouncing of of them - such a cheesy us of styrofoam.

P.S. I would say Obama is one the more handsome of recent presidents.