Guest zipperzone

What am I missing?

Guest zipperzone

I am surprised that there has been no discussion about Pope Francis.

I have looked for a forum that allows religion (used to be in Politics but no longer mentioned there).

Guest EXPAT

I only posted this joke in the joke thread. . .

"It's already started. Donald Trump has already requested to see the new Pope's birth certificate." - Joy Behar.

But I think the lack of discussion and even my lack of interest in even posting about it is that many (including me) do not believe that anything will change with this Pope. And given his history in Argentina to be against gay marriage and gay adoption that there is very little change a comin' as they say. So it is status quo. I put so little value in these people and only fear that so many people do put value in them and that is what is hurting the world IMO.

• Members

Seems like the press has been more interested in this than most folks I know. I read that there were 6,000 credentialed reporters hanging out at the Vatican this week talking about some of the goofiest stuff like the Pope paying his own hotel bill and riding the bus.

You'd think one of them would have mentioned God somewhere along the way.

And, as far as I know, Jesus had to walk most places and probably never saw the inside of a Crowne Plaza.

big.jpg

I'm glad there's a new Pope, I hope he does some good stuff, and if he gets around to including all the people Jesus would have included, I'll be tickled pink. tickle8sk.gif

Guest zipperzone

I have looked for a forum that allows religion (used to be in Politics but no longer mentioned there).

I'm still asking..... Is there a specific forum where religious topics are to be found or has it been downgraded to General Chat?

• Members

I do not know how it was left out of the politics forums theme. <Scratching my head.> It must have occurred with the change to the new site. Inadvertent. Please continue to use that forum for hosting general religious discussion.

Guest hitoallusa

A few bad behaving priests do not reflect the whole Catholic Church as a few drug addicted gays who spread HIV intentionally for pleasure represent the whole gay community.

A Jesuit group saved an innovative initiative for carbon cap and trade by donating 1.5 million. Without their support the venture might have collapsed and it would have undercut the effort to bring down carbon emission. Not all religious groups and persons are against us and I strongly believe we have to work with them. Maybe after some time they will accept gays as they have progressively accepted women's rights..^_^

• Members

My "favorite" newscaster but not my personal one is Jim Cantore. We both like "bad" weather but I don't often get out in it to "prove a point". ^_^ Actually, I do, but not in a slicker and hat but in a capable aircraft. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest NCBored

I meant David Crabtree, WRAL's version of Ted Baxter. Who is your anchor? (You have a "personal" one? :smile: Spill!)

I just meant that I watch a different local news program - WTVD, with Larry Stogner. (not sure why - habit, really. Larry started slipping about a year ago :( )

as they have progressively accepted women's rights..^_^

Ah, yes.

Ordination of women as priests.

Recognition of women's right to exercise choice over their reproductive functions through contraceptive use.

Recognition of women's right to use condoms to protect themselves from HIV.

Priests living, aging and dying in comfort; nuns in poverty.

All so very, very progressive.

• Members

I thought it was "decided" a long time ago that you were indeed Carmen Miranda. ^_^ Not so sure about Dame Edith Evans. ^_^

I don't think the CC is progressive about anything much less women's rights and I also think you know I was being sarcastic. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Well not all religious persons are like that.. They accept change and are open to new ideas. I have seen many good Christians who open their homes to the poor and take care of unfortunate people. It's not that they have a lot but they are showing love. ^_^ I have seen gay guys who won't even help those in need and only want to associate with the rich and educated. They look down on poor people and even hate carrying out conversations with them. I'm not saying all gays are like that and I can't say that is the case. there are many good gays. I hope you can see that there are good Christians who care for others and do more for others.. I see light and hope in that... See something although invisible there that warms up my heart. In that sense Christianity will not go away and become stronger in the future. It will accept gays and will be a more close true teachings of Jesus Christ.

Ah, yes.

Ordination of women as priests.

Recognition of women's right to exercise choice over their reproductive functions through contraceptive use.

Recognition of women's right to use condoms to protect themselves from HIV.

Priests living, aging and dying in comfort; nuns in poverty.

All so very, very progressive.