BiBottomBoy

Irony

• Members

Well I didn't really know what to expect when watching that but I have to say it was quite interesting and enjoyable. A different perspective, one that I can not fully understand but I do appreciate her as someone who not only looks at things differently but walks the talk (even if she does apparently have a wealthy husband). And yes there is some irony with him making his wealth by the more traditional ways than she is talking about.

Glad you posted the link to that video. I enjoyed it.

• Members

One needs to be paid for one's work, not only so one can "continue" the economic cycle (pay one's bills) but also as a guage of how others feel about what one is doing or trying to do. Whether music and other performing arts should be available "free" (included in the taxes most pay) or not is an entirely different question.

I have observed and enjoyed many "street performers" over the years and while their performances are free to any and all who so choose, they will not survive without some form of either compensation or "welfare". If I stopped to watch, I always contributed I hope in accordance with my enjoyment thereof but always a contribution of some amount.

I have seen some amazing performers to include "statues" and one very memorable "cat show" where the cats jumped through flaming hoops. I consider this very "uncatlike" activity and was suitably favorably impressed. Regardless, as mentioned before, I always contribute.

As BBB suggests, I find it "unusual" when those who have no economic needs suggest that others who do follow their life pattern.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

NP. The reason that happened is because very often I have to start a post, enter it and then edit it to finish it. That is because it many times will not post, just stall in mid-ether, unless I do it that way.

Best regards,

RA1

One of my friend's pointed out to me tonight that on her last tour Amanda Palmer instead of hiring a band and paying them asked for "her talented fans" to volunteer for the right to be her backing band so they could get "exposure."

This included a full orchestra she wanted in every city.

I really don't get how rich people justify their shit sometimes.

http://kotaku.com/5943112/amanda-palmer-asks-musicians-to-play-for-free-pisses-off-musicians