Guest EXPAT

Who Killed J.R.?

Guest EXPAT

s-DALLAS-HAGMAN-JR-130304-large.jpg

It was the moment fans have known was coming since the death of Larry Hagman during filming on "Dallas" Season 2. This week, it was his final episode. Appropriately, his final communication was with his son and legacy on the show, John Ross. It was a positive exchange between the two that John Ross probably needed, as his latest schemes to undermine and bully Bobby and Christopher hadn't worked out as he'd hoped.

John Ross got a call from J.R., who'd been overseas taking care of some business. But J.R. wasn't calling to lecture him about his failings. Instead, he said that he was taking care of some things. And that it wasn't right for the son to pay for the sins of the father.

"I’m proud of you. You’re my son. From tip to tail," J.R. told John Ross. But before the conversation ended, John Ross heard gunshots on the line.

Thus the most famous question in the history of "Dallas" reared its head again, as "Who shot J.R.?" morphed into "Who killed J.R.?"

The aftermath of J.R.'s death begins to be felt right away on "Dallas," Mondays at 9 p.m. EST on TNT.

Guest josephga

I think JR arranged for his own death. I doubt he shot himself since the gun fired twice. In some cases a suicide will result in 2 shots the first shot is called a hesitation shot. I think JR found out he was sick and arrange for his own death. He did leave sue ellen that letter that she hadn't open yet. Larry only shot the first 5 shows this season they hadn't expected his death so some stuff from the last 2 episodes was footage unused from other episodes

Guest EXPAT

Do you recognize these old cast mates coming for Monday's episode of Dallas for JR's funeral?

I also heard today that Joan Van Ark is coming back to Dallas for two episodes starting in 2 weeks.

post-105999-0-41164800-1362720799_thumb.

Guest josephga

I've heard cally harper the country girl JR married in the last season or 2 will be at the funeral as well. i think thats her next to Patrick in the photo. next to linda is deborah shelton she played mandy winger. the rest are Ray, gary, lucy, and cliff

• Members

I know virtually nothing about most of these characters (except Larry Hagman). I almost never watch soaps or whatever they are called these days. I feel so ignorant (but happy). ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Joseph, you really know your Dallas stuff. Never missed an episode when it originally aired.

I've heard cally harper the country girl JR married in the last season or 2 will be at the funeral as well. i think thats her next to Patrick in the photo. next to linda is deborah shelton she played mandy winger. the rest are Ray, gary, lucy, and cliff

Guest josephga

I wonder if Sasha Mitchell will be there. he played James Beaumont The son of JR with Vanessa.

or one of my 2 favorites Sly she was JR'S scheming secretary. or Marilee stone that worked with the oil cartel

• Members

I wonder if Sasha Mitchell will be there. he played James Beaumont The son of JR with Vanessa.

or one of my 2 favorites Sly she was JR'S scheming secretary. or Marilee stone that worked with the oil cartel

I wonder if Sasha is still as hot as before?

Guest josephga

Is Kristen Shephard still alive?

she drowned in the swimming pool at south fork a year after shooting JR. In a cliff hanger Kristen shows up on drugs has a run in with JR falls in the pool and drowns. Cliff barnes arrives at south fork for a meeting with bobby and pulls her from the pool. She had miscarried JR's baby but had become pregnant again by another man. that baby is Christopher which bobby adopted.

Guest josephga

'Dallas' Fans Will Find Out Who Shot J.R. Before the End of the Season

No worries, "Dallas" fans -- if you're thinking the second season of "Dallas" is going to end with a cliffhanger about the identity of the person who pulled the trigger on J.R. Ewing, the series's producers have assured fans that the killer will be revealed by the end of the season.

Producers Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin appeared on Sunday with the cast of TNT's "Dallas" reboot at a PaleyFest session in Beverly Hills, where Cidre and Robin said that J.R.'s killer would be revealed by the end of the next eight episodes.

"J.R.'s Masterpiece," the March 11 episode, confirms that J.R. Ewing, the rascally oil man played by late TV icon Larry Hagman, was fatally shot at the end of last week's episode. "Masterpiece" finds friends, family, foes, and ex-loves all descending upon the memorial service and funeral to share stories about the wily J.R.

Original series and reboot star Patrick Duffy, who, the producers confirmed, is the only cast member currently who knows the identity of the shooter, calls the homage to the 1980 "Who shot J.R.?" storyline "probably the most brilliant piece of scriptwriting … in the way that it resolves a problem with such dignity and respect … it's a "pinnacle of 'Dallas' writing," he concluded.

Other tidbits from the PaleyFest session with the cast, who all shared their love of and favorite moments with Hagman:

• Original series stars Audrey Landers -- who plays Afton, the mom of Cliff Barnes's daughter, Rebecca (Julie Gonzalo) -- and Joan Van Ark (Gary Ewing's on-again, off-again wife, Valene) will be making appearances in the next couple of episodes.
  • Cidre confirmed that, had Hagman lived, there was talk of reuniting J.R. and ex-wife Sue Ellen, which nearly made star Linda Gray, Sue Ellen's portrayer, teary.
  • Cidre and Robin shared that they were able to have J.R.'s death play out the way it does because of a lot of extra footage the editing crew was able to cull from Seasons 1 and 2 of the reboot.
  • Duffy talked about how he and Hagman, one of his best friends since the two portrayed the Ewing brothers on the original series, loved to play pranks on each other, and the best he played on Hagman were once putting a lizard in his briefcase and once paying a naked man to surprise Hagman when he opened a bedroom closet as J.R.

Guest EXPAT

I was really moved to tears during Sue Ellen's eulogy last night. I've watched this family for so long, it was as if I were sitting there at the funeral. I guess when you know all the history it's hard not to be emotional. I give credit to the writers for doing such a great job.

Guest josephga

I found it odd Pam was mentioned. Normally this means they are coming back. But VP said in a recent interview no. She actually though Pam should have died in that car explosion. And was surprised they saved her life and the whole plastic surgery thing. I don't think the effect would go over to well bringing Pam back unless VP plays her. few episodes ago Elena mentioned that her mother, Carmen, was in Mexico visiting . Coincidence?

I doubt Ryland killed JR . to obvious