Guest EXPAT

In The Flesh (not what you think)

In the Flesh is a new BBC series about zombies who get rehabilitated and sent back into society, but keep all their memories of the people they killed as they suffer from Partially Deceased Syndrome. Could you reintegrate with your old life?

Guest EXPAT

BBC America will the air the three-part mini-series In The Flesh beginning on Supernatural Saturday, August 3 at 10 PM. The show focuses on (possibly)? gay teenager Kieran, who is a victim of Partially Deceased Syndrome (PDS). I know it's already aired in England.

Guest NCBored

BBC America will the air the three-part mini-series In The Flesh beginning on Supernatural Saturday, August 3 at 10 PM. The show focuses on (possibly)? gay teenager Kieran, who is a victim of Partially Deceased Syndrome (PDS). I know it's already aired in England.

This was actually shown on BBC America the first week in June - I recorded it & watched the first (of 3) parts last night. Contrary to my expectations, it wasn't as ridiculous as I anticipated and I'll watch at least one more episode.

• Members

Somewhat spoiler, if anybody wants to discuss the show itself...

---

It kinda bothered me that kid had to deal with both an allegory for being gay and being gay at the same time. And that apparently being gay might actually be worse than being undead??? WTF?

I enjoyed the first season somewhat, like I said, and the lead is cute, but don't really need another season. If I'm bored maybe I watch, but it's not something I'll seek out or eagerly await...

Guest NCBored

Somewhat spoiler, if anybody wants to discuss the show itself...

---

It kinda bothered me that kid had to deal with both an allegory for being gay and being gay at the same time. And that apparently being gay might actually be worse than being undead??? WTF?

I enjoyed the first season somewhat, like I said, and the lead is cute, but don't really need another season. If I'm bored maybe I watch, but it's not something I'll seek out or eagerly await...

I watched the 2d & 3d episodes over the weekend. I found the treatment of Rick confusing - only at the end did they really show his PDS condition. And I thought the resolution of that plot strand was pretty heavy-handed.

All in all, I won't be bothered if there aren't any more episodes, although they sowed the seeds for some interesting future episodes - but perhaps focusing on different characters.