Guest rimchair

Can't wait to go to CPAC confab! Oh wait...

Guest rimchair

It is obvious to me, again, the Repubs don't want us.

Saturday morning on MSNBC’s “Up with Chris Hayes,” host Chris Hayes addressed an invitation he received to speak at the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). Hayes said that he would be happy to appear at the conference if the Republican LGBT group GOProud would be included among the co-sponsors of the conference.

On Wednesday, spokespersons for both GOProud and the Log Cabin Republicans announced that neither group would be welcomed at CPAC 2013. CPAC also declined to make room for conservative LGBT groups at the conference in 2012.

“We were kicked out last year and nothing has changed and we wont be at CPAC,” said GOProud’s Jimmy LaSalvia to Huffington. ”The last communication I’ve had from them is that we were kicked out. Nothing has changed.”

via.pngRaw Story (http://s.tt/1A8T3)

• Members

For the life of me I cannot fathom what motivates a gay Republican. I can understand sharing economic principles but accepting a party that denies ones legitimate right to exist on an equal basis with other Americans with respect to civil law and economic fairness. Having to subjugate one's self to live in the closet so one can share the benefits of belonging makes for a miserable life and damaged self-respect, not to mention the fear of being outted. And if you are out, well... get used to the cold shoulder and denial of participation in the activities of the group you choose to belong. Yeah, I do not understand gay Republicans.

And what's worse is that economic principles have become a minor platform of the new Republican Party. If you really look at it they are as irresponsible or more irresponsible with financial budgets than Democrats. I mean after all, do you think any CEO (who are all Republicans, well mostly) would not fire a manager who creates two wars and creates a new Medicare program AND cuts taxes all at the same time? That has to be the most irresponsible financial political action in history. Yet people still vote for this party.