TownsendPLocke

Hilton Hotel's Loyalty program's massive devaluation.

• Members

This is shocking! And it is causing a huge uproar in circles where folks care about such things.

Hilton Honor's has announces a MASSIVE devaluation of its point system. If you are invested in this program you might do well to red my friend "John's " blog post about trying to rescue some of your Hilton points. http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/02/23/hilton-hhonors-award-availability-until-2015-beat-the-devaluation/

I was never invested with Hilton ( I had some information about them which made them unattractive to me when I was choosing which Hotel Loyalty program I would follow.) so I do not know how this will effect the casual consumer.

• Members

The link brought me here:

You 404’d it. Gnarly, dude.

Surfin’ ain’t easy, and right now, you’re lost at sea. But don’t
worry; simply pick an option from the list below, and you’ll be back out
riding the waves of the Internet in no time.

• Hit the “back” button on your browser. It’s perfect for situations like this!
  • Head on over to the home page.
  • Punt.

I got the same thing. I'm not sure why. But if you click the top main web page name and scroll down to the second or third article, you can see it.

It seems all of the hotels are devaluing their points. I assume that since one started the others follow suit. But I'm not sure what is triggering it other than lower occupancy so they need all of the real dollars they can get. I'm just glad that I've used up all my points by now (almost). I still have the most points left in the Hilton system.

• Members

All this "stuff" started long after I was not flying 2-3 times a week on the airlines. Therefore I do not have millions of miles or points that I would have today were I traveling as I did back in the 1970's. I am not envious of travelers today. They may have points and miles but they also have TSA and "other" inconveniences with which to deal.

It has been forecast from the beginning of miles and points that eventually those contingent liabilites would have to be dealt with and not necessarily to the consumer's advantage. Does that surprise you? It should not. In order for these companies to survive they will have to shed those liablitites however they can. As you have no doubt noticed, they have been offering various "perks" and "rewards" that do not include air travel or stays at hotels, at least not hotels with any penache.

In addition to the above, there is no first class on the airlines as there was before deregulation. Ditto for hotel service.

I am sorry for the decline in everything but that is how I see today's transportation and hotel situation.

Best regards,

RA1