TampaYankee

More Exposure of the Idiotocracy

Well in their bizarre perspective, it is Obama's fault. If Obama would just cancel Obamacare, Repeal Medicare and Social Security then the GOP would happily stop the sequester. Get it?

• Members

This article and the David Brooks article are just two of many examples of the Press Idiotocracy that fails to accurately inform the public, chasing propaganda in lieu of facts. It's as though everyone has seen how successful Fox News has been at dispensing fiction, lies, and half-truths playing to emotions and controversy in the name of 'balanced' reporting. The American press is a joke, large parts of it on any day, anyway.

Here is another article that shows Thomas Friedman unable to ferret out Obama's Deficit Plan without help and CNN's Jim Acosta embarrassing display of his ignorance of Obama's plan and of CNN's Wolf Blitizer's prior extensive reporting on it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/22/obama-sequestration-plan_n_2741590.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Ok, maybe they are not all idiots all of the time but they are sure embarrassing themselves more than a little. This must be pack journalism at its worst.

Am I making the argument that the American Press sucks? Well.... you say no one bats a thousand. Well, they don't in baseball. How's that argument work for your surgeon though? You comfortable with him batting 500?

This all comes down to credibility. You don't have it if you get it wrong more often than once in a blue moon and then only because it was a difficult story to investigate. True enough, Obama hid his plan under a rock called the Internet at an obscure website called Whitehouse.gov.

This is where all this equivocating bull shit that tries to paint both sides equally at fault get you -- to biased reporting. You may not agree with Obama's plan but to opine and report that he has no plan is just sloppy journalism or worse, bias for whatever reason.

Putting thorns on a skunk don't make it a rose.

Guest hitoallusa

We will get through this... These politicians are too spoiled and affluent that they need to experience poverty and hunger before they wake up... What I don't understand is that when these selfish self serving politicians get punished and their constituents suffer they always blame someone else for their own making of misery... Sometimes blames God for their sins... I think that's what might have happened in the garden of Eden... Blaming others for their stupidity.. In terms of evolution maybe that's what people do naturally, they need to survive and prevail so they have to destroy their opponents no matter what... Whatever psychological or physiological bases for these silliness, a country has risen and fell through out history and we are here.. I just hope we can move on to the next level without huge turbulence... Airplane designers come up with ideas to achieve that so I hope scholars and scientists come up with a new design for government that can run efficiently without corruption and bigotry... I know we can do that...