TotallyOz

Joke for the Day: Add more if you want

Dept. of I Did Not Know That...

Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd is an English surname. Its etymology, according to one source, is as follows: In 1371, a constable was appointed for the district of Warley in Yorkshire. He adopted the name of Johanus de Morgateroyde, or literally: John of Moor Gate Royde or the district leading to the moor.[1] Another source says the place name means Margaret's road.[2] In Norse, the Royd meant "Clearing" (as in a forest) [3] Although Moorgate in London was a gate with the road to the moor passing through, in Yorkshire, Gate (again from Norse) means street, so Moor Gate Royd would be "A clearing in the forest on the road to the moor".

The name is also used in the favorite catchphrase of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon character Snagglepuss - "Heavens to Murgatroyd!", a line first spoken by Bert Lahr in the film Meet the People, whom Snagglepuss' voice is largely based on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murgatroyd

This morning's top trending jokes on Sickipedia.org...

What does a Korean need when they're taking their dog out?

Oven gloves.

My daughter came running in and said, "Daddy, I've just seen two fairies at the bottom of the garden."

Humouring her I said, "Really, what were they doing?"

She said, "Sucking each other's cocks."

I can remember being sat in a Norfolk cinema watching Back To The Future and thinking, "Fucking hell, he's going to end up shagging his Mum!"

Luckily the usher spotted him fingering her and chucked them out.

Great British Bake Off.

It's not the first time a Muslim has waited anxiously, staring at a timer.

Religion can provide the answers to all of life's questions.

Who created us? What happens when we die? What excuse can I use to blow up those cunts over there?

Courtesy of Sickipedia.org: http://www.sickipedia.org/hot#ixzz3qWWgW9Jo

• Members

A devout Arab Muslim entered a black cab in London. He curtly asked the cabbie to turn off the radio because as decreed by his religious teaching, he must not listen to music, because in the time of the prophet there was no music, especially Western music which is the music of the infidel.

The cab driver politely switched off the radio, stopped the cab and opened the door.

The Arab Muslim asked him, "What are you doing?"

The cabbie answered, "In the time of the prophet, there were no taxis, so piss off and wait for a camel."

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Today, while eating a bite at a local BBQ joint, I over heard a guy order several sandwiches to go and. "extra gravy". The 3 other customers and the 2 employees ears perked up at this. "What do you actually want? We don't have any gravy here." Of course, soon the employees offered extra sauce, which made everyone happy. ^_^

When I left, I asked one of the employees if the next time I came in for a BBQ, could I have extra gravy? That set her off again, laughing.

Best regards,

RA1

Today, while eating a bite at a local BBQ joint, I over heard a guy order several sandwiches to go and. "extra gravy". The 3 other customers and the 2 employees ears perked up at this. "What do you actually want? We don't have any gravy here." Of course, soon the employees offered extra sauce, which made everyone happy. :smile:

When I left, I asked one of the employees if the next time I came in for a BBQ, could I have extra gravy? That set her off again, laughing.

Best regards,

RA1

Where was he from?? Outlander!

• Members

He wasn't obviously from far off, readily identifiable yankeeland. No dem or dose or caaa. He sounded like a "regular" guy except for not remembering what whoever sent him actually said, "get more sauce". Of course, I was at the far end of the building and I try to avoid those who cannot say normal BBQ things. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Late one night (any other time to cross?) when I was crossing Atlantic I heard this on the radio. Lufthansa reported that they had to suspend meal service. Some wag asked, did someone forget to clean the ovens out? Total silence for a LONG time.

When crossing the Atlantic one never knows who they will meet on the radio waves. I was always in the need for relaying a position report (HF, especially portable HF, was notoriously unreliable) so I talked to a lot of airliners, military folks and others plodding or zooming their way across. I once talked to an Iranian C-130. This was when we were still friends. :smile:

All this was before GPS, satcom and anything much better than just dropping a bottle out of the window with a note inside it. Still most of us made it thanks to the reliability of aviation piston engines and LOTS of gas.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I live in a suburb of Memphis called Germantown. Full of FEDEX captains and other ne'er do wells. According to them (and others) the definition by their wives of a perfect Germantown home, no bedroom, no kitchen.

Best regards,

RA1