Guest EXPAT

Gallup releases new poll on gay identity

Guest hitoallusa

Maybe those who didn't respond was uncomfortable to participate in the survey??? I don't know why it doesn't add up to 100 %. Maybe it got no response...

Guest parisrio2000

Maybe those who didn't respond was uncomfortable to participate in the survey??? I don't know why it doesn't add up to 100 %. Maybe it got no response...

It's because the national rate is 2-4% and has always been. The 10% rate is from a bad/fraudulent study that got promoted for bad reasons.

Guest hitoallusa

Well What I meant was if you add them up horizontally it doesn't add up to 100%. So there must be some people who didn't respond... I think the average percentage is pretty close to my own experience...

• Members

So DC has more gays per capita than anywhere else?

I was thinking about this, it's probably a city vs rural thing. As gay as the cities of California are there's a whole lot of flyover areas too. And there at least the numbers of people *identifying* as gay are much lower. Areas gays tend to escape... *for the cities*.

I'd bet most major cities are 10%+, with LA and SF being much higher, of course.

DC is the closest thing to a single city on that list, and may actually be one of the lower percentage cities--as the wealthy live *around* DC for the most part and the largest part of DC's ethnic makeup has a problem *identifying* as gay too...

Guest CharliePS

The number of people who actually self-identify as one of these categories will always be smaller than the number whom an objective observer would identify based on their behavior. And the number who do identify but are unwilling to admit it to any pollster, particularly in religiously and politically conservative states, will always skew the stats.

• Members

Charlie-

I think you are correct. What does your "theory" say about other stats? Any and all must be taken with a LARGE grain of salt?

There are no actual "facts"; everything is a theory, isn't it?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Cool to see KY has the highest percentage of Gays than any other Southern state and we have a higher percentage than New York. Cool. You wouldn't believe all the Closeted Gay Country Boys that make it to Louisville. The Gay Clubs were full during the recent Farm Machinary Show held here that pulls in several thousand people from out of town for the Tractor Pull.