seattlebottom

The Russian Meteor

Guest hitoallusa

Glad that it didn't do a lot of damage... After watching it, the beginning scene of Armagedone was pretty incorrect, I've realized... No shattered glasses and etc...

• Members

2,000 people injured and a few million dollars worth of damage seems to be more than a fender bender to me.

I like bad weather, does that make me weird?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Very simple. Because of the rotation of the earth, the extant magnetic field and because the aliens wanted to "hit Russia". ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

After all the dash-cam-captured meteorite footage, I read several pieces (of course can't find any of them now) about everyone has them to protect themselves from thuggery by Russian police. One Russian man was quoted as saying, "They will pull you over before they have even thought of a reason to." Their objectives of course being bribery, thuggishness or both. Apparently if they see you have a dash cam, you are much more likely to be left alone.

Why do these meteors always explode over Russia?

Well, "always" is a relative term. OK, they had Tunguska in 1908, and now this. But some scientist said one just like this, or one close to its size, strikes Earth more or less daily. Just that, with 71% of the planet's surface covered by saltwater ocean, most fortunately fall there unobserved.

• Members

Well, "always" is a relative term. OK, they had Tunguska in 1908, and now this. But some scientist said one just like this, or one close to its size, strikes Earth more or less daily. Just that, with 71% of the planet's surface covered by saltwater ocean, most fortunately fall there unobserved.

Now we know what caused the engine fire on the Carnival Triumph.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

After all the dash-cam-captured meteorite footage, I read several pieces (of course can't find any of them now) about everyone has them to protect themselves from thuggery by Russian police. One Russian man was quoted as saying, "They will pull you over before they have even thought of a reason to." Their objectives of course being bribery, thuggishness or both. Apparently if they see you have a dash cam, you are much more likely to be left alone.

The Russians are seriously behind the times. Our US criminals are eager to star in videos of bribery and thuggishness or so it seems. Or, is that only the pols?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Very interesting. So the cops haven't figured out to just steal the dash cams too? :rofl:

Guest Hoover42

It is bizarre to me how many people in Russia (seemingly ALL of them) have dash cameras. Then again, given the footage I've seen from Russian dash cams it's pretty understandable.

I was thinking the same thing, JK. Wonder why they all need dash cams? What's the attraction. My dash cam would have recordings of me going back and forth to work every day with the occasional Starbucks run. Pretty boring.