Guest parisrio2000

Suspicions About Thermas Lagoa Confirmed...; and Question About Southern Brazil

Guest parisrio2000

So I've been talking to some people in Sao Paulo, and last night with someone who has been intimately acquainted for years with the sauna. My suspicions, that this sauna is well past its glory days, were confirmed. He said that some years back many famous and rich people from Sao Paulo used to frequent the place, but that the internet has changed all of this and they have taken all the pretty and hot boys "private." As I expected...

The bigger reason this sauna has declined, however, is that the owner has been sick for 2-3 years. According to this person the owner used to go on scouting expeditions to Santa Catarina and other southern states and find very hot boys, bring them back to SP, groom them, etc.; this is why this sauna built such a reputation (this is exactly what model scouts also do in Brazil by the way). But since he's been sick and stopped doing this, the sauna is now full of much lower quality boys--"vagabundos," according to this person, which was also my feeling.

What surprises me is that no one on this forum has written about this yet. It only took me a week of talking to the right people to find out that Sao Paulo essentially has no more sauna scene anymore, not worth going out of your way for anyway. In particular, why hasn't this information about Lagoa already been posted? It's not like I'm a detective or even very well-traveled in terms of saunas. So it must be known to the members here then. I have to think that some people on this forum are keeping secrets O_o

I'm thinking of seeing other saunas in the south of Brazil, but after the disappointment in Sao Paulo, I am not so sure I want to bother. Can anyone vouch for the quality of saunas in southern cities, who has been there recently?

Ok I'll take a shot at answering your question!

First, no one is holding back, my guess is most of the regular Brazil suana posters on here don't frequent Lagao that often to probably form a valid opinion. My impression from reading your post(s) is that you seem to see everything in terms of black and white and that's not always the case. When you say you talked to the "right" people, and you found this out. I don't know if I could define right people or not because....we all have different tastes! I have good friends who will take a sauna guy who I find totally unattractive and they think he's sexy as hell and visa versa! One of the reasons I post pics is so others can see what I am talking about! what I find attractive you may not. There are some guys who have gone to Brazil more years than me and I would not trust their judgement in selection or description of the guys and I am sure there are those that feel the same way about me. Personally my last trip to Rio in Dec. I found the saunas guy selection as good as ever but not all nights or all saunas....IMHO, the only difference from years ago is there are now certain nights that are the nights to be at a specific sauna and other nights when it's not good(no unlike gay bars here in the U.S. which can either be packed or empty depending on the night)

Personally Lagao has never had a attraction to me and it's been only infrequently that I have been there and never for more than one night in a visit. I don't like the layout and going back years ago, the guys there always seem to have more attitude and wanted more money than the Rio guys!

I can tell you that I know for a fact going back 10 years that the majority of the guys working at Lagoa were from S.P. and alot of guys would come down from Rio, I don't think there was ever a big contingent from the countryside, and always found Edgar the owner to be somewhat a absentee owner anyway so not sure how much his illness is actually having on the business, but I could be wrong(and that's not something you will see written here often! LOL)

You might throw this question at a poster on here that goes to S.P. alot more than me, one of them that posts on here is Mvan1 he would be better to answer this as he frequents S.P. and would have the knowledge to compare it to past years!

Guest parisrio2000

Tomcal, tastes vary, but not that much. Generally people can agree on who is hot, and on a sauna that is in decay. When you see a sauna where, for example two to three out of thirty or forty guys have abs and the rest are flabby, old, and have attitude and aggressive sales tactics, there aren't many who would say this is a high quality place. Now some people like "vagabundos," and I myself like "tough guys" sometimes, but this sauna doesn't have the right kind of vibe for that, it's definitely a place on the downswing and it approaches squalor. That's why famous/rich people in Sao Paulo have totally stopped going to it. By "right person" I mean someone who works intimately with the sauna, but I don't want to reveal his position on an open forum where I could get him in trouble with owners. If this sauna was still good it would still have "important" people going to it; as 117 still does. Also this person is the one who told me about the owner's scouting expeditions. He has a pensao for these boys when they first come to Sao Paulo. All the top talent has gone private.

I didn't stay in SP for this place by the way, I had to take care of something, but I had a chance to see what's going on. Unfortunately I think this is the trend for the future, diligent owner or not. The internet and increasing affluence in Brazil will mean that all the hot boys will go private.

As for the pictures of the boys you post, some are good some are not, but I wouldn't say any of them rise to the level of superstar rentboy that I'm talking about. Still, I should emphasize, all the boys you posted in some of your threads are a level or two higher than what you find at Lagoa. Some of the "talent" there is downright disturbing. I'm talking 40+ yr old guys and guys with deformities, and just terrible bodies and attitudes. I wouldn't go there again, but felt I had to do due diligence.

• Members

What I don't understand is why someone with 27 posts would come to this forum and be critical of the information provided by people over several years. If anything, this forum has been a wealth of information. No one has really raved about Lagoa for a long time. Porto Alegre and Rio seem to be the sauna cities, and Rio has been inconsistent and people here have said so. I doubt that the OP did much research here before he posted.

Guest parisrio2000

What I don't understand is why someone with 27 posts would come to this forum and be critical of the information provided by people over several years. If anything, this forum has been a wealth of information. No one has really raved about Lagoa for a long time. Porto Alegre and Rio seem to be the sauna cities, and Rio has been inconsistent and people here have said so. I doubt that the OP did much research here before he posted.

I see raving about Lagoa on other sites, and in my other Sao Paulo thread people have said that the only reason it's bad is because of Carnaval...which is not the case.

Anyway, I'm curious about Porto Alegre. What kind of boys are there, is talent top-rate, and is it worth going? Also, what do you know about Curitiba?

• Members

No, Porto Alegre is not worth your time. You will not like the boys there, and more importantly, they will not like you. So don't go!

One must have a certain level of respect for the sauna boy to engage him in activities which may be mutually pleasurable. A level of self-respect is helpful as well.

Guest parisrio2000

No, Porto Alegre is not worth your time. You will not like the boys there, and more importantly, they will not like you. So don't go!

One must have a certain level of respect for the sauna boy to engage him in activities which may be mutually pleasurable. A level of self-respect is helpful as well.

lol rather than get testy with me, you might as well be helpful. Don't get all panties in a bunch and throw hissyfits because I made this thread. I think my thread is very helpful. I want to save others some time. Do you understand how highly this sauna is praised on the internet, and still in Rio by people who haven't seen it in some time? It's often called the best sauna in Brazil. I want to save people time and disappointment.

If anyone can tell me about the boys in Porto Alegre and Curitiba, and compare to the talent at 117 these days, I'd be grateful. Also curious to know what days are best to go? Just Fridays and Saturdays?

"Anyway, I'm curious about Porto Alegre. What kind of boys are there, is talent top-rate?"

Again what is top rate to you and to others are probably different,(to me Yuri who I posted pics of today is top rate but maybe not for you) to make it easier why don't you post pictures of what you consider top rate and we can better answer your question! Remember that most of us on here are in our 50's 60's and older so our "top rate" may be vastly different then yours!! also since you say you are in your 20's why not just go to the clubs like "The WEEK" in Rio and Sao Paulo? there are hundreds of guys there and if you can't find some stunners there then you have other problems we can't help you with! :-)

... Do you understand how highly this sauna is praised on the internet, and still in Rio by people who haven't seen it in some time? It's often called the best sauna in Brazil. I want to save people time and disappointment.

Never by me! I never liked it. Now did I find some hot guys to have fun with there? you bet! again reiterating that we are all different...alot of guys hate Meo Mundo, it's old, it doesn't have inroom showers like Lagoa and yet I like and enjoy it a 100X more than Lagoa...so there ya go. You say you want to help others save time, I think you want agreement on your opinions more than anything, we have not been having any trouble getting accurate info out readers of this forum for a number of years so don't really understand your shit stirring, but whatever floats your boat is fine by me. I know what I like and what I enjoy and I enjoy the saunas in Brazil and they definitely rise to MY standards! :-)

Guest parisrio2000

Never by me! I never liked it. Now did I find some hot guys to have fun with there? you bet! again reiterating that we are all different...alot of guys hate Meo Mundo, it's old, it doesn't have inroom showers like Lagoa and yet I like and enjoy it a 100X more than Lagoa...so there ya go. You say you want to help others save time, I think you want agreement on your opinions more than anything, we have not been having any trouble getting accurate info out readers of this forum for a number of years so don't really understand your shit stirring, but whatever floats your boat is fine by me. I know what I like and what I enjoy and I enjoy the saunas in Brazil and they definitely rise to MY standards! :-)

No I really wanted to save people time, I was very disappointed. I couldn't skip Sao Paulo this time, but I was definitely thinking of swinging by one time just for this sauna and others in SP.

I think some saunas are good, others bad...I think 117 is very good these days. I would like to know about other places like it.

About what you say above regarding The Week, I have no interest in the boys there. The only good thing about Lagoa is that I met another guy like myself there, a client, around my age. He's probably a lot more attractive than I am, but doesn't hook up with guys at The Week. He doesn't like to have sex with gay people, and neither do I.

"He doesn't like to have sex with gay people, and neither do I."

Whoa!! I missed that on the first read! I think u maybe should be posting on Psychology today or some similiar board this is NOT the right board for you!!... We are all gay and big cocksuckers on here! and speaking for myself proud of it!

Guest parisrio2000

"He doesn't like to have sex with gay people, and neither do I."

Whoa!! I missed that on the first read! I think u maybe should be posting on Psychology today or some similiar board this is NOT the right board for you!!... We are all gay and big cocksuckers on here! and speaking for myself proud of it!

It's a complicated matter and not to be discussed in this thread. I'm a guy who likes guys, but not gay guys. It's not that uncommon.

It's a complicated matter and not to be discussed in this thread.

'.

You are the one that brought it up on here! so it's fair game to discuss, unless their is some rule I am not aware of...

" I'm a guy who likes guys, but not gay guys. It's not that uncommon."

Really? do you have any studies/surveys that show it's not that uncommon/ because I am no expert or claim to be but I sure never heard that gay guys don't like to have sex with other gay guys! Someone needs to let all the gay bars/clubs/saunas/beaches/guest houses know this!!

If you do not have sex with gay guys does that mean you never masturbate? just checkin