Guest zipperzone

A Question for RA1

• Members

The safety of flight is largely dependant upon the crew and their training and attitude about safe flying. After that the vagaries of weather and sometimes unforecast problems enter into the equation.

Generally speaking the larger jets have a better safety record. That includes the Gulfstream series as well as several others to include Bombardier as well as Boeing with their BBJ series. This is partly because of the capability of the aircraft and the usual experience and temperament of the crew as well as the wishes of the passengers to avoid negative situations (bad weather, political uncertainly, etc.).

I think you can be perfectly safe in a Cessna 150 with one pilot and one passenger during very good weather and lacking any other adverse circumstances. You can also be at extreme risk in a 747 with a foreign crew flying an approach during very bad weather to a "difficult" airport.

The biggest advantage to private aviation is the ability to "know" the crew and the aircraft to include its' maintenance program and history. Once you are familiar with these variables you can assume the relative safey extant.

I hope this somewhat answers your question. Thanks for asking.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest zipperzone

The safety of flight is largely dependant upon the crew and their training and attitude about safe flying. After that the vagaries of weather and sometimes unforecast problems enter into the equation.

Generally speaking the larger jets have a better safety record. That includes the Gulfstream series as well as several others to include Bombardier as well as Boeing with their BBJ series. This is partly because of the capability of the aircraft and the usual experience and temperament of the crew as well as the wishes of the passengers to avoid negative situations (bad weather, political uncertainly, etc.).

I think you can be perfectly safe in a Cessna 150 with one pilot and one passenger during very good weather and lacking any other adverse circumstances. You can also be at extreme risk in a 747 with a foreign crew flying an approach during very bad weather to a "difficult" airport.

The biggest advantage to private aviation is the ability to "know" the crew and the aircraft to include its' maintenance program and history. Once you are familiar with these variables you can assume the relative safey extant.

I hope this somewhat answers your question. Thanks for asking.

Best regards,

RA1

Yes it does - thanks for your quick reply. Now I know its a Gulfstream I should look at when I win the big one :-)

• Members

Yes it does - thanks for your quick reply. Now I know its a Gulfstream I should look at when I win the big one :-)

You can hardly go wrong with a Gulfstream. Recognized worldwide as a premium aircraft.

After you win the big one, I would be more than happy to help you find a good one, meaning worth the money (a relative term). ^_^

That is what I really do these days, manage business aircraft; flying them is just icing on the cake. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1