BiBottomBoy

Pope Resigns

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my guys not all priests are like that... Let's not mock a religion that has lasted thousands of years... Not all of its doctrines may be correct but I believe that it has played an important role throughout history...

• Members

Some of my favorite comments so far:

"Too pooped to pope."

"Like all good Catholics, he's pulling out early."

LOL, very funny ^_^ Some other ones I have seen and liked:

"I really don't envy the next pope's task of dragging his church kicking and screaming into the Sixteenth Century"
"Look, when they say you should give something up for Lent ..."

• Members

The historical popes weren't necessarily celibate, only the "directive" to the rank and file clergy aka priests made it seem so. However, having a pope who is "bi" may or may not be easily accepted in this so called modern era. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Oh my guys not all priests are like that... Let's not mock a religion that has lasted thousands of years... Not all of its doctrines may be correct but I believe that it has played an important role throughout history...

Oh no, we can't mock the single greatest force for evil in the world for the last ~2000 years! Inquisition, crusades, dark ages... blessing of Hitler and Mussolini, child abuse on a massive scale (not just sexual, I believe I heard about some really bad and systemic stuff in, what was it, Irish schools?) and telling Africans not to use condoms.

You're right, we shouldn't be mocking the Catholic church, we should be tearing it apart gold brick by gold brick with pitchforks and torches!

Guest CharliePS

Oh no, we can't mock the single greatest force for evil in the world for the last ~2000 years! Inquisition, crusades, dark ages... blessing of Hitler and Mussolini, child abuse on a massive scale (not just sexual, I believe I heard about some really bad and systemic stuff in, what was it, Irish schools?) and telling Africans not to use condoms.

You're right, we shouldn't be mocking the Catholic church, we should be tearing it apart gold brick by gold brick with pitchforks and torches!

To paraphrase the NRA, "Churches don't abuse children, evil priests and nuns (and self-serving administrators) abuse children."

The historical popes weren't necessarily celibate, only the "directive" to the rank and file clergy aka priests made it seem so. However, having a pope who is "bi" may or may not be easily accepted in this so called modern era. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

He would just have to convert. Then he could sing the old spiritual. You know...

In the sweet bi and bi...

:queen:

• Members

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus <wink>

Guest hitoallusa

It could have been worse but I believe the Catholic Church has served an important role in unifying people and bringing stability to the Western World. If it were not for the Catholic Church we might be under the Islam or some kind of weird religion. I'm glad that that's not the case.

I have to deal with people every day who will do anything to get what they want.. No conscience and honesty, just greed and insatiable appetite for material possessions and lust... If they are not checked by some kind of positive culture that can stand against them, then they will probably do worse things than the Emperor Nero had done..Without religion I believe there will be more bloodshed and injustice then we can possibly imagine, ironically. It's my belief whether you take it or not, it has acted as a buffer against dramatic changes but just enough to bring about changes gradually... I don't agree to some of its doctrines, I am here, however, as a result of its strong influence on our society. Although I can deny it but can't separate myself from it since my mom decided to have me instead of aborting me although she didn't have means to raise me.

Faith is very mysterious and it gives courage to people to do things in adverse environment and help think about justice and righteous news in difficult times. I don't think we can mock God who encourages us to achieve great things and help another in extremely difficult times in faith. That is beautiful, precious and make one's life worth living...

Guest hitoallusa

Well one of reasons I got excommunicated was that I believed there were some true believers in the Catholic Church... One doesn't have to be belong to a specific group to be good and true. That was simply my belief and a church leader disagreed with me... I don't agree to the tenets of the Catholic Church and I'm not defending them either... Our community also has problems so does the Catholic leadership... We need to work together and accept one another and take in what is good on the other side of the line... We ask our politicians to do it so we need to do it too to set an example...

I'm catholic, which to me means beliving in the word of Jesus. Jesus said nothing about homosexuality at all (or birth control) but said a lot of things about loving your fellow man the way he is for all of his sins.

When the church gets back to those values I'll believe they are following the word of God again.

• Members

To paraphrase the NRA, "Churches don't abuse children, evil priests and nuns (and self-serving administrators) abuse children."

Churches|diocese|the Vatican itself have been shown to have known about and covered for those abusers including moving them out of range of prosecution and into a new, unaware communities which has enabled several to continue their abuse.

I'm catholic, which to me means beliving in the word of Jesus.

One had thought that was the Protestant line. ^_^

Given what all Jesus said about the cult of Mary, the cult of saints, the cult of icons, the sacraments beyond the Last Supper (even at that, making it the Eucharist might have amazed Him)... Well, I grow tiresome.