Guest tomcal

West Point Formal ...this is cool

• Members

Cool.

Also found the story about the Goat interesting. Reminds me of two things.

Question: What do you call the guy who graduates last at medical school?

Answer: Doctor.

Also, no one asks what your scores were on the FAA written exams for pilot licenses. If you have all the licenses and ratings, obviously you passed both the written and flying exams.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

Moving stories in the 700 club always makes me open my wallet to help unfortunate people.. I don't watch TVs these days so not sure whether they are still on these days??

I would love to see Fox News coverage of this. . .and maybe the 700 Club. . .

• Members

Could the end time actually be near?

Very likely it is but in what context? In other words, in the grand scheme of things, how long is near?

Best regards,

RA1

I did ask that of a couple of sweet old Jehovah's Witness ladies who came to the front door the other week. (I believe Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people who ever use or have used or will use that front door. Even the undertaker knows to go to the side door.)

Despite these ladies' earnestly wanting to know if I knew what Armageddon was, they could not answer the question we raise here.

They also could not reconcile their obsession with the End Time with Jesus' admonition specifically NOT to worry the point. "...for I will come like a thief in the night..."

Just be ready.

Guest hitoallusa

What they were flirting with my AS? I will be back shortly in NC to protect you, dear... ^_^

Anyways, I think the apostle Paul misunderstood Jesus's message or some of his letters were written by someone else after many years. The problem with the New Testament is that it was written at least 20 years after the death of Jesus. Yes there is a possibility that there are much older unfound copies of the Gospels but the only ones we have are decades after.

The four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John seem to tell similar stories but there are some discrepancies and they give slightly different views because they were written at different periods. If a written record was like then I can't imagine what would have happened to stories based on oral traditions after many years. I am not here to discredit the Bible. I think it's messages are valid and postive. But I do worry about individuals who can think for them selves. Back to the Apostle Paul, I think he misunderstood Jesus or some of his letters were written by someone else at a later time as some scholars claim. It's not something new since the end of the Gospel Mark had been added later by some scribes. So those who quote the verse about not being harmed by snake poison and etc.. and then take the verse literally to test God.. Well good luck is all I can say... (Actually someone died recently exactly doing the same thing).

If the great Apostle Paul could have misunderstood Jesus or some of his letters could have been written by someone else claimed to be him then it shows the same thing has been going on through out history. That's why one's critical thinking is necessary... It doesn't discourage me or make me lose faith though... Something great has survived the test of time and it leads to great things.

I feel sorry for JWs and others trapped in cults..There could be a scientific and psychological explanation why people believe in such a nonsense.. What makes them lose their ability to think?

I did ask that of a couple of sweet old Jehovah's Witness ladies who came to the front door the other week. (I believe Jehovah's Witnesses are the only people who ever use or have used or will use that front door. Even the undertaker knows to go to the side door.)

Despite these ladies' earnestly wanting to know if I knew what Armageddon was, they could not answer the question we raise here.

They also could not reconcile their obsession with the End Time with Jesus' admonition specifically NOT to worry the point. "...for I will come like a thief in the night..."

Just be ready.