Guest josephga

Clerk Charged With Spanking Customer's Child

Guest hitoallusa

Well actually his parents should also be reprimanded for not properly supervising their child... But battery is battery... Not sure that it was necessary to put her in jail though..

Guest hitoallusa

I take it back.. The clerk hit the child about 25 times.. Still not sure where his parents were???? Not witnessing the child being hit is one thing but not caring about his whereabouts is a bit odd...

Guest lurkerspeaks

The clerk was wrong in what she did, but the parents should be charged with child neglect. No child should be running around a store unattended. And as part of the punishment for the parents, they should have to watch the TV movie "Adam" about the abduction and murder of Adam Walsh.

Guest josephga

I see this allot kids running around acting up. my last apartment was really bad kids running around in the parking lot no parents just doing as they please, then parents get mad if their child's corrected. I think the clerk should have brought it to the mothers attention then tossed them out if they couldn't control their child.. years ago my father use to take a belt to mine and my brothers ass anytime we go out of line now days it's called abuse or battery. my dad would even pull over on the side of the road hit us with a belt or a hickory then toss us back in the car

• Members

There are a lot of ways to abuse a child. One way is to let them do anything they want. Another is to physically abuse them. Another is to mentally abuse them. As mentioned before in this thread, an out of control child at least partially means an out of control parent. All should be taken to task.

One thing I have seen many times too many here in Memphis is for a parent to slap a child in the face, usually from what I have observed to be a relatively minor "offense". I have been sorely tempted to interfere several times but I know that if I do I will either be arrested or have one or more people turn on me. Another choice would be to try to report this to the authorities but that is a long and uncertain as well as painstaking task. Without willing witnesses a total waste of time.

The good news is that some children grow up to be responsible adults in spite of a poorly planned and defined upbringing. Not enough, but some.

Best regards,

RA1