Guest lurkerspeaks

Bakery Owner refuses to make cake for same sex marriage

Guest lurkerspeaks

This Oregon Bakery shop owner refused to create a wedding cake for a same sex marriage because she doesn't believe in same sex weddings.

People are bombarding her facebook page with comments, which she deletes pretty quickly...

Lets all add to it.....keep her busy wiping out the comments on her intolerance and bigotry.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet...a/352725392798

I made a comment, which in 5 minutes had about 10 likes and a dozen comments, but she deleted it...

Looks like another Chick fil a....

http://consumerist.com/2013/02/04/couple-claims-that-bakery-refused-to-make-cake-for-same-sex-wedding/

Guest FourAces

As I mentioned in another thread I am now of the mind set that we pick our battles ... we cannot go rushing into war with every nut that does not like us or refuses us service. I feel keeping pressure on the big guys big money and big religion is the best way to get our message across .. and let the locals handle the local kooks.

Guest hitoallusa

The baker is very cute.. ^_^ Anyways, it's a delicate situation here. Can the government force a citizen to change their faith and penalize one for one's faith? After all the guy is simply practicing his beliefs. Let's see what the state attorney's general office does

with this case. It's a very interesting case.

Guest josephga

If I wanted a cake and she said no id simply take my business else where. IMO I wouldn't want someone to be forced into making me the cake if their personal faith and values were against it..

Guest hitoallusa

Well I read many vicious reviews women write on various review sites and I sometimes feel bad for the business being reviewed. Not sure why they have to be so vindictive. If they get harassed then it's a big thing but others get the same treatment then it's justified and okay. Unfortunately, I read that the innocent vendors associated with the bakery are also being attacked. I believe the supporters of the gay couple went too far. Tolerance goes in both ways, not only in one way.

I have seen many usurpers rise to bring down tyrants in the name of justice through out history. Ironically those usurpers became new tyrants and do awful things and commit injustice too. Ironical isn't it?

Guest lurkerspeaks

If I wanted a cake and she said no id simply take my business else where. IMO I wouldn't want someone to be forced into making me the cake if their personal faith and values were against it..

That may be all good, JosephGa, but in the state of Oregon, it is forbidden to discriminate against someone based upon sexual orientation.

Guest hitoallusa

Sigh I wish I could go to a bakery and order a cake for my own wedding... :( I might just order one pretending I'm having one but what I am going to do with so much cake.. Urgh...

Guest hitoallusa

There is a little grill BBQ place near a park where I'm at. It's about 9 dollars per order and I get about 2 orders and lots of side dishes.. I didn't go today since I was busy but plan to go there next week. I will take some pictures and post them here..

I'm sorry, but I think this perspective is wrong. If somebody said, "I don't serve niggers at my diner," we'd all think that was wrong. This is the same thing. If you open a business, you have an obligation to the community and to the law to serve people. If your religion precludes you from following that law, then you need to get into another line of work where you can be a bigot and not break the law.