BiBottomBoy

Worst Public Relations Fail Ever

Guest hitoallusa

I think she should get her job back... She has every right to express her opinion as that female pastor did..

Some restaurants abuse tipping system and some restaurants charge you mandatory 20% in Chicago... And since they can make more money like that other restaurants are following the same. I think it's unfair practice. Another thing is a person who can't even cook his or her breakfast goes to these restaurants and write reviews about how great the food is.. In that sense I think people are generous in the US but the country is facing a serious debt crisis.. I love great food but restaurant's deceptive practices to make people to pay more and then abuse the system to earn more money is like something what some greedy Wall Street bankers do... And actually a lot of investors for that kind of restaurants are former traders at Wall Street.. Ignorant people with their hard earned money go to these places and waste their money without knowing the behind the story.. But they create jobs and stimulate the market so let rich people spend and waste like that I guess... I think serving food is a respectful thing but some restaurants lost conscience and good intent.. It makes me sad.

That's why I'm dreaming a new society that people treat people fairly and where we can afford to be nice and respectful. I think we are getting there. It just takes time I guess..

At the turn of the century they argued that they were providing jobs for new immigrants who otherwise would not have jobs at all and that working in those jobs would help them learn Englisih and assimilate better and the government gave them lots of legal breaks for doing so - because at the time it was true.

Guest NCBored

In my opinion, the real issue here is that the server made public a private transaction, exposing the identity of the customer.

Not sure if the punishment was too severe or not. (I have sympathy for anyone who loses a job these days!) :(

I think she should get her job back... She has every right to express her opinion as that female pastor did..

• Members

Anyone know how restaurants in the U.S. got themselves exempt from minimum wage law for servers?

From the US Dept of Labor regulations outlining which workers who are exempt from minimum wage laws:

Tips: Tipped employees are those who customarily and regularly receive more than $30 a month in tips. Employees must be informed in advance if the employer elects to use the tip credit, the amount of tip credit to be claimed, and the employer must be able to show that employees receive at least the applicable minimum wage when wages and tips are combined. Also, employees must retain all of their tips, except to the extent that they participate in a valid tip pooling or sharing arrangement.

• Members

In my opinion, the real issue here is that the server made public a private transaction, exposing the identity of the customer.

Not sure if the punishment was too severe or not. (I have sympathy for anyone who loses a job these days!) :(

Actually, the company's own facebook page routinely posted photos of receipts with complimentary comments written on them by patrons. This incident is shaping up to be a future case study of how corporations deal with social media exposure.