Guest hitoallusa

Chinese hackers attack NY Times

Guest hitoallusa

/b/ is overrated... One can stay mysterious and anonymous to seem like they have more power and strength but if they are put one to one against Chinese hackers then they will be knocked down with a couple of blows. It is likely there are under cover agents inside /b/ so they are not so anonymous and being monitored.. Not sure about Chinese hackers..and with their government with a lot of cash for them to use without being checked who knows some of /b/ works for them already...

I feel sorry for Aaron Schwartz, compare to what these Chinese hackers are, Aaron was a saint come to think of it...

Think hitoall is right. Seems intuitively obvious that Chinese govt-backed hackers, presumably available in large numbers AND capable of being organized in highly coordinated and managed teams, a la the Stuxnet creators, can do devious things at a much deeper more sophisticated level than what the /b/ crowdsourcing model can accomplish.

Or does /b/ collectively have better methods of self-organizing than generally thought?

Guest hitoallusa

I hope there is someone like John Connor (terminator) in /b/ who can organize disparate hackers into a strong organization..^_^ I am not saying bad things about them just that they are not strong enough to fend off Chinese hackers.

Although I don't like Chinese hackers they won't do anything that will greatly compromise the stability of the world economy since they are strongly linked to it.

Guest hitoallusa

Called my credit card bank and asked for the fraud protection... A customer representative said not to worry since they will take of fraudulent charges... Funny thing is it happened a couple hours after I posted this... I hope it's not related... :( Funny thing is why they started with a fast food restaurant???

• Members

Funny thing is why they started with a fast food restaurant???

Maybe they were hungry?

----

The crooks often make it a practice to test out your account with a small charge first, just to make sure it's still valid and that they've gotten kosher info. A storekeeper is much more likely to kick up a fuss and call the cops if they're trying to walk out of his shop with an $800 flat screen & a bad card.

Guest hitoallusa

Hmm is our MsGuy one of Anonymous? ^_^ Chinese hackers I feel sorry for but wonder they could sell their skills and escape being slaves for the Chinese government... I wonder how the Chinese government controls their own hackers. Most of all even trust them... So comes back to the original question, who is really behind the attacks...

Guest hitoallusa

Well the unauthorized charges were for a fast food restaurant and I have my card with me... So it seems someone punched in the numbers online...