Guest josephga

Player's scorching message to gay athletes

Guest josephga

NEW ORLEANS – San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver has reportedly made inflammatory comments regarding homosexuality in football just a few days before Super Bowl XLVII.

Shock jock Artie Lange revealed he had interviewed Culliver at media day
Tuesday and aired a segment on his show that night, where the player
insisted that any gay players would not be welcome on the team.

"I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

"Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

When quizzed by Lange whether any homosexual athletes would need to keep
their sexuality a secret in football, Culliver responded: "Yeah, come
out 10 years later after that."

You can listen to the interview here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--report--niners-cb-says-openly-gay-players-would-not-be-welcomed-on-the-team-190346715.html

Guest rimchair

"I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do."

but, apparently, the mentally stunted are.

Guest rimchair

And now the apology, surely not written by Culliver!

And here is a statement released Wednesday afternoon by Culliver:

“The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.”

Guest CharliePS

Handlers sighted in aisle 2

“The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.

Guest CharliePS

Handlers sighted in aisle 2

“The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.

For some reason, my post got in incorporated into rimchair's post, and I can't figure out how to edit it.

Ok, so he majored in "sport and entertainment management" at South Carolina. "Sport management", is that what they call basket weaving now-a-days?

Hardly. In basket weaving you would at least have to show up for class:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/20/unc-report-not-an-athletic-scandal-it-was-an-academic-one/

Guest rimchair

I am beginning to think Culliver is a true cretin:

""Chris Culliver, the 49ers player who bashed gays as his team prepared to play in the Super Bowl, posted a photo to his 30,000 Instagram users last night of a conversation referring to women as “bitch” and “hoes.”""

http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/04/18/49ers-culliver-posts-to-30000-instagram-followers-pic-including-words-bitch-and-hoes/