TotallyOz

Planning my Trip to Gay Brazil and the land of Sexy Guys

Ok. I am pretty set to spend a month in Brazil but the recent promotion I posted from Holiday Inn is making me reconsider things.

I have 28 days in the country.

I fly into Sao Paulo. I'll get in on a Thursday night and had planned to stay that weekend and the next weekend.

I was going to be in Porto Alegre on a Tuesday so I'd have some time to meet the boys at the sauna before Tomcal comes into town and takes them all away from me. :smile:

I'll then fly to Rio for a week or two.

But, I am seriously considering changing things up and going to other cities.

I have been looking on Gol Air (a Delta partner) and I can pretty much fly to most cities for 100 USD or less. They just sent me an email today to tell me to use them as they will give me points and upgrades.

I was thinking of spending 5 days in Fortaleza and maybe even 5 days in Curitiba.

That would put me in Sao Paulo less time (I love LaGoa) and a bit less in Rio (I love 117).

So, I guess my question is: if you had 28 days to spend in Brazil, where would you spend it? What cities would you visit? Hotel prices are not important to me as I am using points and staying for free in all the cities.

Advice?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Personally, Rio is the only city in Brazil I have visited. I would recommend that you reach out to Tomcal, since he is seemingly our most traveled member to Brazil. I would trust his advice whole heartedly. Another option would be to contact Dreysonal (from gaytravelbrazil.com) He is another "in the know" person for all things Brazil..

• Members

I've been to Curitiba a couple times and I think 5 days is way too much, is more like a 2 days max. They only have 2 saunas with boys one is called Opiniao and the other one is called 520. Both are small compared with the ones in Rio and São Paulo with a limited # of boys, although is possible to find a couple of nice ones in each visit. If you are attracted to the type f of boys on the Brazilian south, I would include one night in nearby Florianopolis. Never been there but I've heard there is a sauna with boys with gorgeous types, and if they look like the general population is probably true. As is the case with most cities in Brazil out of Rio-São Paulo things only really happen on weekends, so 5 days in Fortaleza is also probably too much. At least they have beautiful beaches and if this catch your fancy maybe is worth the time. Also note that Fortaleza is on the extreme North of the country, a good 4 hour flight from either Rio or SP, so the smartest route (timewise and maybe price wise) would be your first or last stop in the country (Fortaleza is about the same distance from Miami as it is from Rio/SP). Have fun, looking forward to read all about it!

OZ, I agre 100% with Gotti! if your primary goal in visiting different cities in Brazil is sex, then I would highly recommend going to Belo Horzonte, aboiut an hour by plane NW of Rio. it is the capital and largest city in the state of Minas Gerais. They have 4 or 5 saunas and it seems about 30% of the boys you meet in Rio are from there.

Recife in the NE of Brazil and Fortaleza which is further North of there also have good saunas with boys tending to be darker overall as that is where the slaves where brought in hundreds of years ago for the sugar cane fields.

If you are doing cultural things than Savador and Curitiba should be on the list.

I would avoid Florianopolis unless you are wanting a beach vacation during the Brazilian summer(Dec - Mar) it is in the SE and too cold for beach activities the rest of they year but it has beautiful beaches and is a major tourist destination for Brazilians and the residents of neighboring landlocked Paraguay!