Guest EXPAT

Skywalkers - no way in hell

A new fad has gotten off the ground, literally, in Russia. Skywalkers -- or roofers, as they proudly call themselves -- climb a skyscraper, a construction crane, a tall monument, a tower or a bridge. When they get to the top, they balance themselves — sometimes on the tiniest of ledges — and take a lurch-in-the-stomach picture, like this one, of the view hundreds of feet below. Then they post it on the Internet.

"Human problems seem insignificant when you are hanging out on a star," said Artyom Lakhtionov, 19, a college photography student. "Even traffic jams that paralyze your life down there don't seem so hopeless.

Read more:http://lat.ms/X9YmZl

post-105999-0-38711800-1359419166_thumb.

• Members

Obviously these guys are not pilots. Most pilots have "edge syndrome" which is akin to acrophobia but is not a fear of heights but a fear of being near the edge (of a building). ^_^

Strange but true.

Best regards,

RA1

As you've told me before, RA, by that measure I would make Top Gun. ^_^

There was another thread here recently, and also another one a number of months ago, with links to videos of Russian kids doing this. Can anyone find them? I failed on a short look.

I could only watch a few seconds of them. Eeek.

Guest hitoallusa

Aww he is so cute.. If you look at the picture closely, he is well balanced. I think he knows what he is doing. It is dangerous but I think he should be fine... Cheers to brave russian boys!

Guest CharliePS

I get queasy just looking at a picture like that. I can't go near the edge of of anything without having a panic attack (fear of the urge to leap), which is why I could never live in a hi-rise apt. with a balcony.

I get queasy just looking at a picture like that. I can't go near the edge of of anything without having a panic attack (fear of the urge to leap), which is why I could never live in a hi-rise apt. with a balcony.

After I moved into a 22nd-floor apt it took me a week to be able to spend any length of time on the balcony. Longer to stand near the railing.

A big mistake was, if someone brought weed over, to go out there to smoke it. :(

Guest NCBored

As you've told me before, RA, by that measure I would make Top Gun. :smile:

There was another thread here recently, and also another one a number of months ago, with links to videos of Russian kids doing this. Can anyone find them? I failed on a short look.

I could only watch a few seconds of them. Eeek.

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12759-spider-man-wannabe-or-just-fing-crazy/

• Members

Is it part of the Darwinain "process" that the cute ones we want to have sex with will not ordinarily have children? That seems anti-selective to me. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

While a certain amount of risk taking by males appears to be a net benefit to the gene pool, you can't have them all killing themselves off before they have a chance to breed, so you've got to have mechanisms in place to limit the spread of genes that prompt risky behavior. LOL. even if the carriers are cute. :lol:

It's one of those 'not too hot & not too cold but just right' things, RA1. When it comes to weeding her garden, Mother Nature may be a heartless old bitch but she has a fine eye for details.

• Members

I appreciate your comment, MsGuy, but I think my point was "cute begats cute, but not if they don't begat at all". :smile:

Best regards,

RA1