BiBottomBoy

What Is The Point Of Pinterest?

I agree. From my perspective it is just a photo sharing social media site like Instagram. It seems to be organized by topic to make it easier to see all pictures of a certain topic. I ignore it.

Guest FourAces

I have checked it out a few times and to me, like instagram, there is no purpose it serves that flickr or the other photo sharing sites did. I do not use or even visit either of them anymore.

• Members

I'm so glad you asked this question, BBB! I'm told it's popular with women, but I've never found it an easy nor useful site to navigate. But I do use Instagram a lot as various friends post there and I can keep up with photos of what they're doing and talk about.

I am annoyed that my client wants me to use pinterest to promote his company, because I think it's a really bad idea.

Advice: Collect 50% up front. Balance due immediately on completion, before he finds out it doesn't do what he hoped. In parallel find other clients. ^_^

Excellent!

I have something a little similar -- an annual-subscription market research service that's pay-up-front.

Only drawback is I actually have to deliver something useful to get any renewals.

A colleague once said, "My ideal business would have just 2 components: a web site and a bank account!"