TotallyOz

Happy MLK Jr. Day!

Happy MLK Day! He was a great man and helped to move America in a direction toward equality for all. His words and his wisdom are still very valuable in the gay rights movement. All men are created equal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr._Day

I loved Google's drawing today.

post-100001-0-33251900-1358781724_thumb.

Guest hitoallusa

Yes I hope one of the site patrons do something for gay rights too...^_^ Oz you may not know, your dedication for sex workers might be recognized after many years for improving the quality of life for sex workers and their right.

• Members

As a life long citizen on Memphis, I certainly remember the day MLK was killed. A dark day for all. I am very sorry to say that I personally know some who regard the day to celebrate is April 4.

It was an interesting time to be here and to be alive. An immediate curfew was instituted and National Guard troops were stationed here and there. There were demonstrations here and all over the US with violence and criminal activity (looting) somewhat rampant. I personally believe that the reason that downtown (and other parts) Memphis was not burned to the ground was that a freak snow storm covered the city with snow and several days of cold weather. Snow is pretty unusual in Memphis but an April snow storm is more than unusual.

MLK was not a saint. He cheated on his wife and had other "peccadillos" but he certainly was an influence upon the US "scene" that likely needs to be repeated.

Best regards,

RA1