Lucky

Fecal Transplants Are Good for You!

Guest BudFoxx

It's an interesting article, because antibiotics are at the core of all of this to begin with.

My mom is 92. she had a GI bleed and went to the hospital. Her hemoglobin was at 4.0 when she arrived.

She had multiple blood and plasma transfusions and when they released her, her diagnoses was a bleed of unknown origin.

So typical and frustrating with elder health and my sister and me.

Being 92, she did not go home, but to the rehab nursing home for rehab.

There, she picked up a VRE infection and was sent back to the hospital where she was infused with multiple IV antibiotics.

After 7 days she was released and went back to the nursing home rehab where, after all of the un-necessary IV antibiotics she got in the hospital, she was exposed and got VRE.

Today, after more than a year, my sister and I are still trying to rehab our mom at her home. We took her out of the environment which was promoting exposure to these infections.

Yogurt and poop sometimes go hand in hand as a resolve.

Often times, not so much depending who you are.

• Members

I read somewhere if you want to lose weight, get poop infusions from somebody that's skinny. Seems like fat guys and skinny guys have very different populations of intestinal flora and that, at least in part, accounts for why they process food differently.

• Members

I read somewhere if you want to lose weight, get poop infusions from somebody that's skinny. Seems like fat guys and skinny guys have very different populations of intestinal flora and that, at least in part, accounts for why they process food differently.

I'd heard something about that too, but don't believe it's medically approved yet. Maybe like all the other weight loss miracles that never actually became available...

But I also heard that your fecal flora changes on it's own over time, if you work to get healthy you'll develop the flora of a skinny guy.

Meanwhile:

post-117726-0-15868800-1358611221_thumb.

• Members
...if you work to get healthy you'll develop the flora of a skinny guy.

On the other hand, if you're the kind who counts calories, eats healthy and exercises regularly, likely you aren't contemplating a fecal infusion in the first place.

Just saying. :whistle:

• Members

This is not just a fart joke, but potentially of great value in preventing serious illnesses. It's a good post, I stand by it,and has nothing to do with three of our best posters going on day after day with a fart thread.

Take a look at what the Mayo Clinic has to say about it: http://www.mayoclinic.org/medicalprofs/fecal-transplants-ddue1012.html

If you were suffering C. Dificil, this would be a godsend, not a fart joke.

And it wasn't a passing fad. This article is in today's news:

http://zeenews.india.com/news/health/health-news/fecal-transplants-offer-benefits-for-treating-c-difficile-infections_25379.html