Guest EXPAT

American Idol returning 1/16

The site that has trolled American Idol for years, "Vote for the Worst", is shutting down declaring that people no longer take singing competitions seriously anymore and, therefore, the site has accomplished its goals.

Oh, and by the way, you're not tired of Mariah vs. Nicki stories, are you yet?

Guest zipperzone

Against my better judgement I watched the 1st 20 minutes of the season opener. Worse crap is hard to imagine!

It was all about the judges, very disorganized and just a garbled mess. NEVER AGAIN.

Yes, they are making it all about the judges. I probably will skip most of the early shows and wait until they get down to the top 24.

In ratings news, there's good news and bad news for American Idol . It was still the top rated show by a long shot, but ... it was down 19% from last year's season premiere, and was the lowest rated AI premiere since the first season. Meanwhile, Arrow was up in its return.

Everyone is talking about this audition last night on American Idol. Lazaro Arbos of Florida has suffered from a terrible stutter since the age of six. But when he starts singing, the stutter is gone. Watch as he auditions for "American Idol" with "Bridge Over Troubled Water," blowing the judges away.

Keith Urban says afterwards that Arbos should just sing everything. Randy Jackson adds, "Very pleasant, really, really nice man. It's amazing the stutter doesn't happen when you sing." And Nicki Minaj praises him for his vibe and his inspiring story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdg9FMp7f8

Guest lurkerspeaks

I watched most of the two audition shows. Is it just me, or does Nicki Minaj come across as a spoiled, egotistical bully? She seemingly tries to run the judges panel and bully the other judges.

Guest lurkerspeaks

She seems so classless-trying to compare herself and stand up to Mariah Carey. Then you get Randy Jackson, who is trying to be the "bad guy" to seemingly replace Simon. It just doesnt suit him. Simon had a biting wit about his put downs. Randy just comes across as hard and inhuman. Keith Urban, so far, seems to come across as a decent person. Mariah seems pretty decent too..But it is TOO much about the judges and less about the contestants. Not to mention, once the "real" competition shows begin, with four judges, that equates to more time spent on judges "critiques" and less actual time spent on the contestants and singing. Didn't the producers learn anything from the previous season they tried the four judges approach?