TotallyOz

Great One Liners

• Members

For AdamSmith:

“To be sure, the Road of Excess leads to the Palace of Wisdom, even when it takes you through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders. Just watch out for parasites.”
Samuel R. Delany, Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders

Found while searching unsucessfully for Delany's version of "Too much is never enough."

"You are drunk, Sir Winston. You are disgustingly drunk."

"Yes, Mrs Braddock, I am drunk. And you, Mrs Braddock, are ugly, and disgustingly fat. But tomorrow morning I, Winston Churchill, will be sober."

Another from Sir Winston: "I am easily satisfied with the best."

Also: "You can always count on Americans to do the right thing -- after they've tried everything else."

• Members

Despite agreeing with the uglyness of helicopters is worth noticing that one of them (do not ask me which) is in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in NY (MOMA), in the design section.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am not about to disparage the utility of the helicopter. Apparently we need garbage trucks, honey wagons, helicopters and the like but please don't ask me to "drive one" for fun. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest josephga

I have a new one I used the other day during a argument with someone. during the argument she said bitch please. my response.

Bitch? I'm not holding a mirror, your not looking at yourself.