Guest EXPAT

Jindal wants to eliminate all income taxes

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/01/11/16466568-jindal-wants-to-scrap-income-corporate-taxes?lite

Bobby Jindal wants to eliminate all income and corporate taxes in Louisiana. And he wants to pay for it by raising sales tax. So in this case you are taxed on what you pay not on what you earn. Guess who that will benefit the most? And who will suffer the most? This is a horrible idea of all horrible ideas.

Guest hitoallusa

One of the Biblical accounts of the end of the days is economic hardship.. Is Amagedon near? Are we able to come up with a new economic theory to prevent another crisis? I do hope so...

Guest hitoallusa

True that's a very good philosophical question...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AdamSmith" data-cid="74128" data-time="1358002113"><p>

When has there not been economic hardship? Or any of the other tag-ends of paranoiac nonsense that make up Revelations?</p></blockquote>

• Members
When has there not been economic hardship? Or any of the other tag-ends of paranoiac nonsense that make up Revelations?

One has to have "desperate" hopes, doesn't one? IF there is not after life via re-incarnation or from religious fervor, then likely most everything is "nonsense" but I do not think you are completely so inclined or one would hope. ^_^

However, what you believe or think is none of my business. Which is "anti-Republican", isn't it? ;)

Best regards,

RA1

Well, really? I find more than enough purpose to go on, to try to be good and do good, just in the here and now. This needs a book, not just a 3-liner, but then there are plenty of books about it already (needless to say I don't mean those of Dawkins and the rest of the atheist-evangelical rabble). Natural life does not feel to me so small or terrible or bleak that I need an afterlife to make it not nonsense.

Stevens wrote a poem to the effect that if (as) life is finite, and there is no afterlife, that makes the life we do have all the more -- infinitely more -- precious for it.

I wish we had more of life span, but that is not quite the same thing. In any event I have enough reverence for the reality principle (most days!) not to project that wish onto the screen we call the hereafter.

Now I have frightened myself and must go dig out my old copy of The Courage to Be.