AdamSmith

Anti-fag reverend outsky from inauguration

I think the committee must have given him the chance to apologize but he declined. I think the reason for this is his views are the same as they were 20 years ago. He said he would not say the same today but he never renounced what he said.

IMHO this was a bad fuck up from the committee. It means they didn't do their job as it took a reporter only a few hours to find this info.

While I do not want to be held to everything I said 20 years ago, if I did and my plans had changed, I'd simply say that. Everyone is entitled to change and grow. Look at Obama. He did. I just hope that people like this minister realize that history will record their every word.

Guest hitoallusa

In his defense, people like him devoted all his life on something they believed to be absolute truth. There are many challenges in their faith everyday and they want to keep their faith untainted and pure... What they are doing is noble and admirable but they too often give up critical thinking and reason in that process. If God has given that reason and ability to think then they should not fear and use them to make better decisions.. I think fearing God is good but too much to the point to lose the God's gift of reason is equivalent to not fearing and anti-God... Religion is a mysterious thing.. It encourages and give strength for people to do great things but on the other hand it can often lead people to lose reason and common sense. Finding balance is important...

When I see injustice and evil deeds in this world I get discouraged... But the very thought that I can sense them means that there is still hope and God senses too.. I don't think God is silent and he has plans. That trust gets me going every morning... I think the bishop still has a role in this world of protecting fact although he is wrong about the gay issue... He will pushed to the side lines and other religious figures who are open to gays will take his place.. I'm glad that the time has come for gays...^_^