TotallyOz

Rand Paul's son arrested on charges of disorderly conduct

Rand Paul's son has been arrested on charges of underage drinking and more.

The son of the U.S. Senator from Kentucky was arrested yesterday evening.

William Paul was booked in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.

Paul is charged with disorderly conduct and underage consumption.

For the full story:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20516282/rand-pauls-son-arrested-on-charges-of-disorderly-conduct

post-100001-0-35796000-1357527085_thumb.

William Hilton Paul, 19, the son of Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) was arrested at a North Carolina airport for disorderly conduct and public intoxication charges, Politico reports. The teen is charged with consuming alcohol underage, being intoxicated, and disruptive and disorderly conduct, The Charlotte Observer reports. William Hilton Paul was on an early Saturday flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte, N.C. Police said he was charged after the flight landed at 10:49 a.m.

The Moderate Voice (http://s.tt/1y2mU)

Read more at http://themoderatevoice.com/172687/william-hilton-paul-son-of-sen-rand-paul-arrested-for-underage-drinking-disorderly-conduct-in-nc-airport/#5XoSxqtQjagBcPjp.99

The thing is this is totally within his family's ideology.

They consider drinking age laws to be illegal government intervention in commerce.

Their feeling will be that if he had money and someone had booze and was willing to exchange the booze for money that's simply the free market at work.

Tuff nuggies to the Pauls. The correct free-market analysis would seem to be that the insurance biz has to date leveraged existing attitudes among pols and their polis to buy more law regarding DUI than the liquor lobby has managed to do.

Guest rimchair

If you're going to be drunk while underage on a plane, keep it together.

Especially if your dad is a crackpot US Senator and Tea Party wackadoodle.

Guest rimchair

The MSM would report it, but I don't think the conservatives would be handing out so much forgiveness or 'private family matter' BS, they'd be trotting out Scripture.

Guest BudFoxx

The kid is 19 fucking years old, for Christ's sake! I'd be more concerned for him if he wasn't doing what 19 year old guys do during this phase in life.

Guest rimchair
The kid is 19 fucking years old, for Christ's sake! I'd be more concerned for him if he wasn't doing what 19 year old guys do during this phase in life.

So you endorse a 19 year old getting drunk and disorderly on a commercial flight??

Guest hitoallusa

Yes we all did something inappropriate in our teens...^_^ I don't know why this kid has to be on the spot because be has a republican father... A father can try to do everything right but still his son could go wrong...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BiBottomBoy" data-cid="73898" data-time="1357907282"><p>

19 year olds fuck up. I don't blame them for that.</p></blockquote>

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my AS you think too fondly of me..

Think of me think of fondly when you say good bye..^_^

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AdamSmith" data-cid="73904" data-time="1357909855"><p>

<br />

Even you? ^_^<br />

<br />

Do tell!</p></blockquote>

Guest BudFoxx
So you endorse a 19 year old getting drunk and disorderly on a commercial flight??

Of course I endorse it. Isn't that exactly what I said in my earlier post? I actually run a behavioral clinic for young men between the ages of 18-23 to encourage this type behavior. Here's my crowning jewel moment so far. I'm so proud of him!

Please pvt me should you wish to enroll a child of your own! :rolleyes:

• Members

At 19 he is legally an adult (even though he can't buy alcohol legally) and is accountable for his actions. Some learn that the hard way (hopefully he learns from this). The unfortunate thing is that his actions were national news because of his father being a public figure.