TotallyOz

Delta's Prices Dropped for me on Asia Upgradeable Fares

I tried to find the post I had talked about the Delta lay flat seats but I can't find it here. But, I love them. There is enough room for me to relax and enjoy the flight more. I don't like it as much as Korean Air's flight with the Business Class lounge as I love to stretch for a few hours on board but I do like the lay flat seats better than anything Delta has given me in the past.

I was able to get a round trip fare from Bangkok to DFW for 3,009 that allowed me to upgrade for 50k miles. I have not seen this low fare in several trips. I think they wanted over 4500 plus 60k miles my last trip and I have been saying no to those fares and just booking directly with Korean Air for about the same price. I was happy that this time I was able to do this for a very reasonable rate!

Does this signal an end to those nutty fares Delta tries to get from us? Or, did I just luck out?

• Members

I am jealous of the thought that you get to sit comfortably while I squeeze into a coach seat. I have the miles to fly Business, but not enough for the husband to join me. So we both sit in coach.

As for your flat seat remark, I found it by typing "Delta" in the search box:

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

To my surprise, I learned that SeatGuru is not up to date. I was on a new Delta 747-400 with the newly configured lay flat seats and it didn't show on Seatguru. I picked my seat anyway and was VERY pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they are. I am told that all of Delta's long distance flights will be converting to these seats.

Totally Oz