AdamSmith

Lincoln

• Members

As someone that loves American History, I thought the movie was great. I saw it twice, with different friends, and all thought it deserves several Oscar nominations.

Sally Field was great. She even traveled to the Mary Todd Lincln home in Lexington Ky to research her role. Even though many criticised Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln , many because he is British in such a historic role, I thought he to be exceptional. Lincoln was known as a story-teller and one of dry wit. I thought he did a great job bringing out that part of Lincoln's personality.

I understand much research, including looking at old Congressional records, was done for the Congressional debate and grand standing portrayed in the film. Many often criticize today's Congress as horrrible and the worst in our History. I always tell people that they do not know American History then. Our present day Congress is tame and a Love fest when compared to it's past History as the film rightfully portrays.

Another recent film, with some historical significance was Argo. It also was a very good film, very dramatic and filled with suspense. I almost had to drag a 20 something friend of mine to see it, he didn't think it would be interesting. Since it was history I knew the ending, he did not. He loved it and he has since seen it for a second time. I think Argo also deserves a couple Oscar nominations.

Guest hitoallusa

Lincoln was a good movie which I went to see after an international flight to the US.. I think he is an American hero and he achieved something that changed the history of a nation, not to mention the world...

Yes today's congress is not that great but not worse than what it was then in Lincoln's era. I don't like when people admire the days of the past and condemn the present.. That's like saying the constitution is perfect or the early churches were flawless... It's a common error people commit that stalls progress..