Guest gcursor

End of the world update

Guest gcursor

END OF WORLD UPDATE

Well this will probably be my last post before the Mayan end of the world event tomorrow. I haven't heard what time it's going to happen though. At least, I get to see the finale for BURN NOTICE tonight so that's cool! I won't get to see THE HOBBIT unfortunately :(

Remember I'm still selling end of the world insurance! This covers anything that might be destroyed during the end of the world! IF and WHEN the world blows up then this insurance policy gives you the ability to rebuild anew!

For the next few days, I'll be relocating to my "undisclosed location" which I have set up with some candy, TV dinners, water, soda pop, a tv and a DVD player. (oh..have to remember to put my xbox 360, ps3, ps2, wii, nintendo ds and psp in there as well...yes I own them all...sure it will be a bit cramped but I'll be able to have fun!)

I want you to know that it's been a pleasure knowing each and every one of you. I think of many of you as my friends. Well there's a few of you. Well maybe one or two. Well okay one. Well IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS! But seriously you've all been very kind to me and I want to thank you very much. It's kind of sad I won't be able to get that college degree with how hard I've been working and the high grades I've been getting but the Mayans have spoken!

If you do survive the end of the world, (what weather forecasters are referring to as "a big storm in the Midwest"...wouldn't the Mayans be upset if they found that out?) then feel free to look me up at "undisclosed location" and we'll share a TV dinner and a soda pop.

• Members

Now that we are all still here, I want to meet Jonah Falcon! I think I have been de-throned.

http://www.dailymail...gest-penis.html

Trust me you DONT..... I HAVE. and the quote should have been "when I look down, all I see is a pair of White spandex bike shorts":

He has been wearing those for decades, and was when I MET him.... which I have posted about previously. A curiousity, YES...

A repeat desire, NO!

Guest hitoallusa

Gcursor The Hobbit is a bit silly for me since I really don't understand why they can't just ride eagles all the way to the mountain since it will save time, energy and unnecessary attacks on the ground??? Do eagles have some kind of mileage limit???

Guest hitoallusa

The world didn't end but it made some people very rich. Life goes on... Gcursor a good thing is that you will be fine and your hard work won't go to waste.. Congrats on your grades..

Guest gcursor

I'm not sure what you're talking about Hitoall but I think it must be something in the movie ^_^ I'll be seeing it soon hopefully but no spoilers until then.

I agree that it was bad for them to want to make The Hobbit into all these different pictures. I thought it was stretching it at 2 but then I heard 3 movies and was like "Okay...that's a bit much!!" Obviously as Expat said it's all based on greed this time. Peter Jackson didn't want to do it but then when they did finalize a deal with him, I can only think that it had to be some astronomical figure. So now they're putting a lot on the line that these 3 movies will do well. One of the actors said that work had been done on the first 2 movies but the third one has hardly been touched yet. It will be very interesting to me to see if this "gamble" of theirs pay off or not...they're betting on the Peter Jackson name big time.

OH...and yes...eagles can't fly very far. The spell that you are talking about is only a limited duration spell. Typically the eagles are only around for about an hour at which time they revert back to the butterflies/moths/etc that they were transformed from.

Not only that BUT the eagles have union rules to appear in movies. You think actors are bad? You ain't seen nothing yet because the "fantastic mythological creature" union will ruin you! Now for golden eagles, some of their rules include:

a. Golden Eagles shall never be in the present of any other "non fantastical" creature unless a film is being scened! Failure to comply to this rule will revoke the member's full privileges from the union and fines will result (typically 400 gold pieces or a few red rubies).

b. Golden Eagles will NEVER be NAMED or have any such name designation assigned to them! No eagle shall be referred to as "bird", "Bob", Golden Eagle, eagle, or any other designation. If an eagle has to be addressed then they shall simply be called, "Glorious and Benevolent Being of Compassion & Kindness". The eagles will be treated with the awe and respect that they deserve. IF a name is attached to an eagle either in the media or otherwise and we hear about it then the person who committed the infraction will be brought to Mount Doom and fried alive by a red dragon that is stationed there.

c. There will be no artificial light, CGI light, etc. when filming Golden Eagles so as to show them in their proper glory. Also golden eagles get very exhausted so they expect frequent showers (standard rules state one every 5 minutes of filming). FURTHER no golden eagle shall be FORCED or otherwise coerced into flying for movies. Worker eagles (the lesser of the golden eagles) shall do all flying scenes for golden eagles! The golden eagles DO NOT fly at all in any movie production PERIOD!

gcursor

Gcursor The Hobbit is a bit silly for me since I really don't understand why they can't just ride eagles all the way to the mountain since it will save time, energy and unnecessary attacks on the ground??? Do eagles have some kind of mileage limit???

Guest gcursor

by the way, I was watching FAMILY GUY last night and I saw that episode where Peter asks "So what's the deal with the golden eagles in The Lord of the Rings? They couldn't just fly them all the way to Mount Doom?" and I laughed so hard while I thought of this post ^_^

ALSO the response to Peter was, "You're missing the point Peter. The film is about the journey." BUT I think the reply should have went like this after Peter said the line above...

GOLDEN EAGLE FLIES into scene landing NEXT TO PETER

GOLDEN EAGLE (talking to Peter): You think it's so damned easy?! Why don't YOU try flying to Mount Doom?

PETER (saying quieter..acting as if he's been berated badly): All I'm saying is it would've been easier to do than the 3 hour movie..

GOLDEN EAGLE (takes Peter by the shirt collar): That's it! (tears off Peter's head and Peter's bloody body slumps down) You know, I don't need this sh*t..I've had enough! I'm calling my damned agent!

GOLDEN EAGLE stalks off all upset and moody