Guest EXPAT

New York Post cover questionable today

The New York Post has never been particularly classy with their front page (though they are often quite funny). But they took things to a new level by publishing this photo of a man about to be hit by a train after being pushed into the tracks. The origin of the photograph was a freelance journalist who says he was running towards the man, trying to use the flash on his camera to get the attention of the train operator. That doesn't really excuse the publication, or the headline. I'll grant the existence of the photo is news, but did the NY Post go too far with a full page on the cover with this callous headline? and why didn't the photographer try to save they guy instead of getting a photo?

post-105999-0-75683500-1354730569_thumb.

• Members

...did the NY Post go too far with a full page on the cover with this callous headline?

Too far is never far enough...

Where is the shot of him getting squished?

and why didn't the photographer try to save the guy instead of getting a photo?

First things first.

• Members

I thought the guy took one or two pix, but he took 49! You can see the video of the alleged killer arguing with the victim in this article, which also repeats the photo that everyone is supposedly complaining about.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-confesses-fatal-train-station-shove-article-1.1213807

(EXPAT will be able to get the video linked directly here. My skills are not up to it!)