Lucky

George Duroy Does Not Discourage

• Members

Okay, I will tell you right from the start that this interview is from 2010, but it was new to me. If you have seen it already, my apology.

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/07/an-interview-with-bel-amis-george-duroy.html

George Duroy (Bel Ami) makes the point that while most of his performers are straight-identified, one can always hope:

On the other hand, I can't imagine that a really STRAIGHT man would be able to perform the way our models perform, no matter what they think they are. I, for one, certainly wouldn't be able to be "straight for pay". We live in a world where traditional labels don't apply anymore, partly as a result of gay emancipation. Being gay is not taboo anymore, and I'd say at least thirty percent of city boys in the Central European region happily experiment with their sexuality. Many enjoy it, but they wouldn't think of themselves as being gay. They simply mingle freely, going with their girlfriends to gay bars and fondling other boys in front of girls. And now tell me—what is their orientation?

Sometimes I joke, saying that very few gay men are so enthusiastic during sex with other boys as these "straight" boys. I suspect that gay men lost their monopoly on gay sex as a part of their social acceptance. Or that experimenting with all-male sex is simply "in".

So, if you are imagining a Bel Ami model stuffing your stocking this Christmas, it isn't outside the realm of the completely possible.

But for me, the interview is an interesting look into a world I only see from the outside.

Guest hitoallusa

BelAmi boys are too cute and handsome.. I have no chance with being with them so it doesn't matter whether they flirt with other guys... I will be happy with a nice, kind, caring gentleman who cares about me... ^_^

Guest NCBored

Interesting interview - thanks for sharing.

His theory about the relative risks of unprotected sex among his models vs Americans was a novel idea to me. I wonder if they are having much male/male sex outside his studios.

Guest NCBored

As a young gay man, I slept with a few women. It didn't float my boat, but when you're young and horny, you can do a lot more than you might think. My guess is that it's the same with most of these guys. They're really straight, just young and horny.

not to mention...getting paid for it!

Guest jimboivyo

personally bel ami bores me. robotic sex with guys who all look the same. you've seen one, you've seen them all

it reminds me of an assembly line. duroy finds these guys, gives them a fresh pair of new teeth, puts them in the gym for six weeks and then films them.

Initially I liked Bel Ami a lot, just my type, but after watching a while I got turned off by all the limp dicked bottoms. They clearly weren't having fun, and that made the whole thing less interesting to me.

I've noticed lately however that they've worked on that, and now at least a number of the boys stay hard while getting fucked. It's an improvement.

But there is very much a look as you say, and most of the faces really just seem to run together...

• Members

But there is very much a look as you say, and most of the faces really just seem to run together...

I think you have taken one of their better qualities to trash. Yes, there is a 'look'. It is Duroy's signature style. It is common with most studios to have a 'look'. As for the faces running together... well, I would concede that they almost all share a common character, few if any would stop a clock. He picks good looking wholesome guys. If you want more neighborhood looking guys go next door to Wm. Higgins Hungarian boys -- not so pretty, lots of hair, variations in muscle, sketchier complexions, probably more hetero in character but gay enough for pay enough.

Most every studio has a type. The issue is whether it is my type or not.