TotallyOz

Goodbye Barney Frank: We will miss you

Barney Frank is retiring from office this year. I first became aware of him when the scandal broke out with the prostitute he was assisting. I didn't think he would survive that but he did. Thank goodness he did. He has been active on many issues that I believe in and he has been a true champion of gay rights.

I saw his interview with Bill Maher a few weeks back and loved it. Frank was so engaging and funny in every interview I saw him give. I really enjoyed him a great deal.

Great piece in the Washington Post today about him and the impact he made on other openly gay lawmakers!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/barney-frank-charted-path-for-other-openly-gay-lawmakers/2012/12/03/eb812af6-3d69-11e2-bca3-aadc9b7e29c5_story.html?hpid=z3

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my you read his autobiography? It was a good book...

Was struck -- not surprised, just found it memorable -- by the high praise that Hank Paulson had for Frank in Paulson's book about the financial meltdown.

Opinions remain varied about Paulson. But one of many things that I liked in his book was how he put such strong emphasis on Bernanke, Geithner, Frank and a few others being people whose judgment and honesty he trusted absolutely, in their collective groping toward some way out of the perilous mess.

(In re rejecting former ideological purity, I loved what some commentator said -- approvingly -- at the time on NPR: "Well, Paulson has become a rapid convert to the Church of What Works Now.")

(To add: W. himself said -- defending, at some speech after he left office,

the auto bailouts and the stimulus and the rest -- "Sometimes circumstances get in the way of ideology.")

(If only he had thought that a decade earlier...)

Guest hitoallusa

Paulson is not perfect of course but I think he has a unique ability to work with people under extreme pressure.. I am waiting for Geithner's autobiography and I think I will even going to his book signing event if he plans to have one... He is so cute too... ^_^

Opinions remain varied about Paulson. But one of many things that I liked in his book was how he put such strong emphasis on Bernanke, Geithner, Frank and a few others being people whose judgment and honesty he trusted absolutely, in their collective groping toward some way out of the perilous mess.

Paulson is not perfect of course but I think he has a unique ability to work with people under extreme pressure.. I am waiting for Geithner's autobiography and I think I will even going to his book signing event if he plans to have one... He is so cute too... ^_^

!!!

Is he actually working on one?

Guest hitoallusa

I think I read somewhere in an article that he plans to write one or someone is waiting to see his autobiography.. It will be an instant best seller so why not?