TotallyOz

RIP Larry Hagman

Larry Hagman played one of the most famous villains ever on US Television. JR Ewing was one of those characters that was known the world over for his scheming and backstabbing. And of course the "Who Shot JR?" episode will be remembered as the most watched episode globally in history.

I never missed an episode of the old series or the new one either.

• Members

Larry Hagman and mother, Mary Martin

http://media.washtim...6f67bffc77067e8

They only appeared on stage once together...in London when Mary Martin brought over "South Pacific" in the early 1950s. Larry played one of the sailors.

As Larry once said jokingly, "A little nepotism, but it got me where I am today!." Of course, Larry really got there on his own, even with a mother, who was very famous in the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s..

Guest gcursor

Okay..it was just my "dark sense of humor" BUT when I heard about his death, the first thing I said was "And in another year, we'll find out this was all just a DREAM sequence and NONE of it even happened!"

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my that's the guy you were talking about... I love Jeannie especially her daughter Samatha.. Anyways, I once had dreamed of having an astronaut husband because of him so I guess he influenced my life too.. RIP