Gotti

Hotel Atlântico robbed!

Guest lurkerspeaks

Not to belittle what happened there...but they have been robbing visitors for several years now.....Currently over $200+ USD per night for the tiny, extremely outdated rooms which havent seen a renovation since the 70's. Can you say KARMA????

• Members

Hotel Atlantico-the favorite hotel of gay travelers in Rio was recently assaulted by several thieves. They took all the money from the safes, from the employees as cell phones, watches and other valuables. No guests were assaulted and so far no arrests have been made.

I abhor reading about others' misfortunes. Hope they did not lose too much and will soon recuperate from this ordeal. NO ONE or business deserves to be robbed regardless of other factors!

• Members

I totally agree. Unfortunatelly all other hotels are doing the same with unreasonably rates for tiny rooms and poor service. Private apartments rent by the week is the only way to go in Rio.

My amigo and I rented an apartment in Rio de janeiro in October 2011; he and another friend rented separate apartments in 2012 and plan to share or rent separately in 2013. If I manage to go--I know I'll rent an apartment again! -^_^ -^_^ -^_^ That's the way to go if you desire to save some money and get a modicum of your money's worth.