Guest EXPAT

X Factor UK boy band member comes out

British The X Factor Union J member Jaymi Hensley has come out as gay on the advice of mentor Louis Walsh. “I spoke to Louis about this and he said, ‘put it this way, both of my big boybands had a gay member in them.’ So he said it fits the formula quite well! Every boyband has got to have a gay one! And Louis just said ‘do it’.” For the record, he's taken, with a boyfriend of three years. He's the one on the far right in the video still below:

And they are all so friendly with each other anyway:

post-105999-0-77720400-1353426561_thumb.

post-105999-0-11190300-1353426574_thumb.

post-105999-0-46987300-1353426586_thumb.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my MsGuy... Why do you think so? Like a good southern gentleman lets give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise... I wish I were young...

Hmmm...what if he's just another straight kid recruited to fill the roll of gay guy for the band?

• Members
..... does anyone even care about this anymore?

Really good question.

And what if someone decides he's bisexual? Is that enough to warrant an announcement? It would be fun if all twenty thirty forty umpty-ump million decided to come out on the same day. :rolleyes:

3669882165_6e299bb250_z.jpg

• Members

Remember when Stephen Gately of Boyzone came out in 1999? It was huge news then and finished the band. I used to like hearing his nasal singing on their tunes,

b-449263-ireland_music_star_Stephen_Gately.jpg

Some time after the band broke up, I had occasion to see him live, playing Joseph in the show Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I had a great seat, so got a real good look, only to be a bit disappointed. How anyone could have missed that he was gay mystified me, as my gaydar was quite abuzz.. But the girls in the audience didn't care- they hooted and hollered.

Gately died at the age of 33 from a pulmonary edema.

My favorite song:

The Boys - Union J didn't make it through. So they ended up in 4th place and just missed the finals. I think though they will have the best career of the remaining male singers. None of those singers will be global sensations like this boy band could be. Too bad on the UK voters.