Guest EXPAT

TV Cancellations today

ABC cancelled the very stupid "Last Resort" and the not-trying hard enough AHS wannabe, "666 Park Avenue. Also CBS cancelled the gay comedy "Partners".

I'm not surprised by any of those. 3 more shows to cross off my list.

Guest FourAces

I am so happy I did not get to involved with the Last Resort. I watched the pilot and thought too bad another hour and it would have made a great made for TV movie. But I could not see anything pass that.

On the other two I did not watch at all deciding to wait for some buzz or a bit more longevity before investing my time.

• Members

Sorry to see the Last Resort get the axe although I too worried how it could sustain suspense and tension without devolving into an insipid soap opera. I thought they managed fairly well so far but I suspect 13 episodes might be about the limit. I hope they can write a suitable ending to tie things up.

Much less successful avoiding the slide into soap-opera-dom has been Revolution IMO. It has gotten really sidetracked into never ending minutia. During this last episode, I turned it off in mid-stride and pronounced 'enough'. I cancelled it without waiting for the network. :getlost:

Guest FourAces

Much less successful avoiding the slide into soap-opera-dom has been Revolution IMO. It has gotten really sidetracked into never ending minutia. During this last episode, I turned it off in mid-stride and pronounced 'enough'. I cancelled it without waiting for the network. :getlost:

I'm still watching Revolution though I have to acknowledge the show has taken a wrong turn recently. Also I read in a thread, by EXPAT (i think), that Arrow was a amazing show. So I watched all the episodes to get caught up all was going well till this pas week ... it was just too much of a stretch and also seems to be about to stall out. What a shame cause it began as such a refreshing concept.

I still have my 3 standbys ... The Amazing Race, Shark Tank and Blue Bloods that I continue to enjoy each week ^_^

Guest NCBored

I still have my 3 standbys ... The Amazing Race, Shark Tank and Blue Bloods that I continue to enjoy each week :smile:

You're the first person I've 'met' who admitted to liking Blue Bloods. :thumbsup: I find it's one of those priority shows that I almost always watch the same night or the next - often I start watching the recorded version as soon as there's about 20 minutes on the drive.

• Members

I'm still watching Revolution though I have to acknowledge the show has taken a wrong turn recently. Also I read in a thread, by EXPAT (i think), that Arrow was a amazing show. So I watched all the episodes to get caught up all was going well till this pas week ... it was just too much of a stretch and also seems to be about to stall out. What a shame cause it began as such a refreshing concept.

I still have my 3 standbys ... The Amazing Race, Shark Tank and Blue Bloods that I continue to enjoy each week :smile:

Love Shark Tank and Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck still has it and it include the cute Will Estes.

Guest FourAces

You're the first person I've 'met' who admitted to liking Blue Bloods. :thumbsup:

:lol: I've always played outside of the boxes :P Like you I watch this show the same night or at the latest the next. It is simply well acted and always has a solid story line.

Guest NCBored

Is anyone watching Scandal? I like the show, although I have a problem with how the lead character, Olivia, can be so strong one minute and then dissovle into a quivering mess the next. But the support cast are interesting, and a minor sub-plot is that the White House chief-of-staff is in a committed same-sex relationship ) I don't think they're leaglly married), and it's handled pretty matter-of-factly, I think (or at least with no more drama than other relationships in the series.).

Even though Last Resort wasn't picked up for a full season, I am happy that they've got time to tweak the final episode to serve as a series finale. There are a lot of people that think the show would have worked best as a miniseries, and now that's what it will be. Apparently 666 Park Avenue will have some closure in their final episode as well. But with that kind of genre, they have to leave some mystery.

Guest hitoallusa

How do they compensate actors for their time loss since the have to relocate and commit to a project? Is it more cost effective to just cancel a show? Does any key know how it works?

Never. They are never contracted for more than a few episodes anyway. Unless you are a big wig and get a guarantee contract on number of episodes like Charlie Sheen who now has a contract of a 100 episodes of that idiotic sitcom he's doing on FX.

Guest NCBored

Funny that nobody mentions "Sons of Anarchy" for my money the best show on television the last few seasons and also Covert Affairs

One of my faves too (and I'm sure I've mentioned it in other threads.)

Guest hitoallusa

That's so unfair...

Never. They are never contracted for more than a few episodes anyway. Unless you are a big wig and get a guarantee contract on number of episodes like Charlie Sheen who now has a contract of a 100 episodes of that idiotic sitcom he's doing on FX.