Lucky

Journal Suggests Other Motives In Petraeus Departure

• Members

Did the Obama administration want General David Petraeus out at the CIA?

The Wall Street Journal suggests that Petraeus had the CIA at loggerheads with other agencies over the Benghazi attack in Libya, could not get along with his CIA staffers, and, with the affair scandal, was no longer a threat to run for president,which was the main reason Obama put him in the CIA position in the first place- to get him out of the running, which he would presumably do as a Republican.

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324595904578119293804968764.html?mod=WSJ_MostPopular_US

Guest hitoallusa

You really think Obama was afraid that P. might run for president? I think it doesn't seem to have any firm base on that statement... A lot of things can happen in an election..

Guest hitoallusa

Why then they should appoint me as Secretary State so I don't run for president.. )= You never know... Once I get appointed as SS.. I will visit all the countries home to handsome princes and meet them all.. You never know I might become a princess and a mother of two kids... I would like to have more kids but I am not sure I would be able to maintain my body if I had more than that... Not that I'm giving birth but it takes energy mentally and physically to raise kids..^_^

I think Axelrod, Plouffe and the other Chicago pros would do everything they could to leave as little to chance as possible. As they should.

• Members

Why then they should appoint me as Secretary State so I don't run for president.. )= You never know... Once I get appointed as SS.. I will visit all the countries home to handsome princes and meet them all.. You never know I might become a princess and a mother of two kids... I would like to have more kids but I am not sure I would be able to maintain my body if I had more than that... Not that I'm giving birth but it takes energy mentally and physically to raise kids.. :smile:

You would present a real risk. If just half the guys whom you think are cute voted for you, it might be a landslide!

• Members

This smells like more right wing wacko conspiracy theory to me and doesn't seem to mesh with the details that have been reported to date.

As for Plouffe and Axlerod turning in their beds every night worrying how to elect the next yet-to-be-determined Dem Presidential contender, well that seems a bit conspiratorial to me too. I suspect their campaigning days are over as they write their memoirs and play the Grand Poo-Bahs of the Dem Campaign establishment, dispensing strategy and tactics to younger turks who will take over the front lines. Each generation fights it's own war. After all, these men do deserve to have private lives too -- at least I suspect they think so.