Guest EXPAT

Bible vs. What's legal?

Guest hitoallusa

Well in old days good personal hygiene was not common, no proper material to wipe one's ass and access to clean water or food was limited.. The possibility of disease outbreak was huge and anal sex was not something that can be promoted or acceptable. It is mentioned in The Leviticus several times about skin infections and of course dreadful leprosy and houses infected with fungus since they couldn't think of AC or good ventilation at their living quarters. In that kind of environment, anal sex could have caused serious health issues and made people ill and young kids to be more suspectible to disease. You all live in a high standard in the US but I personally have seen parasites and their eggs and I myself have to be treated after an infection in a foreign country. Until quite recently K-12 schools in a country made it mandatory for all the studente to submit stool samples to check for prevalance of parasite infections and those infected were notified quietly by their home room teacher. There was a recent archeaological research publication on an international journal that states human feces were everywhere in the heavily populated capitals in both Europe and Asia a couple of century ago and only heavy rain could get rid of poops stuck to a city wall in the capital of an Asian country (I won't name the country not to embarrass its people).

I have seen guys jumping right into the shower after anal sex to clean up and sometimes guys complain about their bottoms not so clean. ^_^ Well I have heard that before too although it's embarrassing to admit! There now I won't be able to find a husband who want to marry me. :(

I have witnessed when a kid accidentally pooped in a swimming pool and the whole pool got closed in the US for a safety caution, although I think it's a bit of extreme to do that. ^_^

My point is that God or our ancestors may not have been against homosexuality after all. That verse quoted above was necessarily to keep people clean in a not so clean environment with no easy access to clean water or food with high temperature which it makes susceptible for bacterial and viral infection. It's a matter of mass sickness and death at that time when they were moving into a region they had not lived for a while so they needed to set up guidelines to ensure their survival and maintain their identity as a group. That was the purpose of the book of Leviticus. In that light, it makes SENSE to me why those guidelines were needed to be proclaimed at that time and not today. I think the Facebook poster failed to see that. I am sorry if I made some of you upset but what I hope to deliver is that we need to read the Bibleand the ancient texts in context.

It makes sense now that I owe my existence to my ancestors who sacrificed their need for the continuity of life. I thank them what they did so I can enjoy what I have today. ^_^ I hope I can do something in another form for younger gays so they can do good things to bring our gay community to a level that can contribute to the prosperity of mankind. After all we are indebted to our ancestors..