Guest EXPAT

Oh no, Elmo's maker is in trouble

So the news today is that the creator of ELMO has left his role temporarily to deal with a legal issue where a 23 year old man said they had an affair when he was 16. So far the allegations are being denied. But that is certainly not the scandal the muppets need.

post-105999-0-49967600-1352864785_thumb.

UPDATE:

The man who said he was underage when he had a sexual relationship with "Sesame Street" puppeteer Kevin Clash has now recanted that claim, the law firm representing him said on Tuesday.

In a statement of his own, Clash, 52, the puppeteer and voice behind popular red Muppet Elmo, said, "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further."

Guest FourAces

Hmm something happened .. you just don't go after such a low profile talent. One usualy would select somebody more in the spotlight. anyway, I guess its all worked out now.

• Members

TMZ and other media report:

It's unclear why the accuser suddenly changed his story ... but sources close to the situation tell TMZ ... the accuser's attorney had been meeting with Clash's attorney as recent as an hour ago, discussing a financial settlement and 6-figures were on the table.

500x_horizontal.jpg

• Members

Elmer's accuser has been identified bystephens205406--525x415.jpg

TMZ:

Sheldon Stephens,according to TMZ:

Stephens’ past includes an arrest for allegedly robbing a former boss of a $250,000 gold necklace at knifepoint, according to the Smoking Gun.

In 2009, Stephens allegedly stole the jewelry in California from music manager Darian Pollard after Stephens was fired from his internship.

Stephens was arrested after returned to Pennsylvania but charges were never filed in California, the Smoking Gun reported.

Stephens also has been arrested for passing a bad check, and reckless driving.

His mother, Felicia Stephens, 48, was busted in 2011 for allegedly stabbing her husband with scissors.

Felicia, charged with attempted murder, is free on bail pending trial.

If you like Sheldon, here are 12 more pix. I liked #4 the best:

http://www.thesmokin...ser-pics?page=0

• Members

Hmm something happened .. you just don't go after such a low profile talent. One usualy would select somebody more in the spotlight. anyway, I guess its all worked out now.

He's not actually that low profile. He wrote a book, did a tour, pretty sure I saw him interviewed on Daily Show. And of course it's hard to think of a more damaging allegation for him.

Whether the extortion succeeded or his lawyers managed to convince Stephens of the dangers of defamation, liable and a massive countersuit...

• Members

The guy was 16 when they were first in touch, but I haven't heard the relationship was sexual before he was 18... taking that more from what was revieled of emails than what this emotionally unstable 'boy' says.

Now why, if you're in the kind of position Clash was in... or even in general you pursue such a relationship at all is fairly questionable.

I have had a couple CL exchanges where the guy on the other end reveals they're underage (obviously didn't originally say so) and the second that happens I never reply again and put their email in my 'crap' file...